General Volvo Chat Post Your Questions And Comments on any of Volvo's many models.

Volvo Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 07:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Volvo Warranty

Hi All,
Thanks for the Join. I just purchased my third Volvo last Friday, May 4th. I had an S40 for 13 years, a S60 for 5 yeas and now purchased the new XC40 that just came out in the states! I love the car so far. I normally do not buy an extended warranty but due to this car having no record at all since it is a brand new model I decided to get one. I was taken by the dealership but going back tomorrow to get a signed cancellation. I was under the impression it was a Volvo warranty. When I got home and took all the paperwork out it was not a Volvo warranty. It was a third party (Zurich) who have horrible reviews online. The woman I called from Zurich was actually very nice. When I called she said I had 60 days to cancel for the full amount. She did not have a record of my car yet. I have saw the name "Steingold Volvo" on this forum several times for warranties, saw his add and gave him a call. He supposedly can give me the Platinum Volvo Warranty for $2,695, 100k miles/10 years compared to the 5k which was the only offer the dealership said they could offer for that amount of time. I know that many people say it is not worth it but since this is a brand new model and I keep my cars to the end I am considering it. My question is: is Steingold reputable? Does he sell an actually "Volvo" Extended Warranty? I was lied too by the dealership I purchased my car from. I was told the reason she did not offer me a Volvo Warranty is because they don't go over 7 years which I am finding out is not true! I will be paying her a visit tomorrow to sign the cancellation policy.
Any and all help is appreciated!
Thanks Much!
Lynn