Interior What have you done to the inside of your ride? Customized it? Kept it super clean? Talk about it here.

Center seat belt stuck!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:41 AM
Default Center seat belt stuck!

I have a 2000 volvo v70 wagon and baby #2 due in two weeks, I was going to install the car seat when I find my center seat belt is locked into place! I dropped the seat to get a little slack and try to get it to roll back up but only succeeded in making it so tight the seat cannot go in the upright position. I read an old forum post that recommended unbolting the belt from the bottom - which I did and yet the belt will not roll back and will not pull out, it is stuck in that spot. Any suggestions??

Old 07-29-2011, 12:46 PM

Ok, so it is fixed! I did some more research and found a simple fix - I am posting it in case anyone else has the same problem
I guess this is a common problem, the belt locks in place when you drop the back seat down so you apparently have to pull some slack out of the belts before you drop it, seems stupid to me, but if the belt locks like mine did, the little stopper got pulled inside and I had to
A) open the bottom of the seat and unbolt the base of the seat belt with a 17 mm socket
B) put the seat locked into the upright position
C) turn the car on and drive to a level place - in my case, I just backed up and then pulled back into my garage, reaching back to pull on the belt a few times during this process until it finally released!!
Then I just bolted the belt back into place on the bottom and viola! Good as new