New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

2013 XC60 - looking to install aftermarket carplay, any suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2022, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2013 XC60 - looking to install aftermarket carplay, any suggestions

Hi all, new here, my first post.

I LOVE my XC60, its my 4th Volvo and recently was out of town and used carplay in the rental which made me want to have it in my car.
After much research Volvo didn't make one for the 2013, so aftermarket options are all over the place.

Seems there are a few that will replace the original screen with a touchscreen and all options
or - ones that sit on top of the dash so you dont bother with the original screen or location.

Questions - if anyone can help please.
1 - if the original screen is replaced with an aftermarket, aside from the carplay features, does it keep or show the same information as the Original screen , Dual Temp settings, Heated seats setting, Fan speed and air blow direction all located on the bottom of the current screen i have?
2 - what about steering wheel and radio controls, do those all also work like original with the aftermarket, also none seem to include AM radio ?
3 - if installed, i assume the audio also runs through the original speakers and sounds just as good ?
4 - can anyone recommend one that has all of these plug in options or most from experience please ?

5 - I assume for the ones that you just stick on the dash, that seems pretty straight forward, but the audio out, i see some have an Aux cable so i assume if i plug that into my Aux input (mine is in between front seats in the storage console) the audio will play through the original speakers ? If you have experience please share to help me make a decision on this.

Thank you for your time, much appreciated.
Johnny