New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

any one have any ideas about the R

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one have any ideas about the R

hi guys im new to the whole volvo scene and all i've never owned a volvo my parents were always toyota/nissan/honda ppl. I recently just got hired at a dodge/chrysler dealership where they have a 04 S60R for sale. There asking price is around 26k with pretty much no miles but with my employee discount im looking to pay around 21-23k. I've searched consumer reports on the R and came up with a couple different opinions on the car. 3-10 responses about the car were negative claiming id bee seeing the service dept more than id be driving the car and it was a lemon with alot of problems but for some reason i have faith. I did a short search on this site but didnt come up with alot of helpful info on the R most search results came up for the s60 FWD. I previously owned an mr2 and that was a headache in itself , it saw the service dept more than it saw the road between engine and tranny problems the car was a nightmare and im not really looking to have that happen again if u know what i mean! so any helpful info on the R would be great and appreciated
also any owners of the R out there please dont hesitate to leave your comments/expierences
thanks
CT

Old 08-21-2007, 04:16 PM
Default RE: any one have any ideas about the R

Rs are awesome, but I know nothing about it.

Sorry to hear the Mr2 didn't work out well for you. The Mk2 is one of my favorite cars.

If you look in the General Discussion forum, Steel Knight is raving about his new S60R.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, SteelKnight also owns an mr2 as well if I remember right. Funny coincidence. I think you would love the R. And for the price you could get it for would be a steal.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:01 AM

is that my que....huh...oh okay yea. Hey guess who. lol thats pretty funny you seem to have a lot in common with me. strange yes no. I love my MR2, in fact i have had almost no issues with it in the 3 years ive owned it. You basically are looking at the same thing i have. Just bought it a few days ago. I love the R. Now i havent had it long enough to attest to its maintenance stuff. But as far as cars go i love it. read up on my post in general forums

https://volvoforums.com/m_69788/tm.htm

If you have something specific to ask go for it. I'll answer as best i can.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:26 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Hello 04Arghh

Welcome to the forum, I hope you feel at home here.

As to S60, I'm not sure what kind of chronic problems they have, but check out the recalls against them:

https://volvoforums.com/m_66630/tm.htm

I wish you luck,

JPN

Old 08-23-2007, 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: TheSteelKnight

is that my que....huh...oh okay yea. Hey guess who. lol thats pretty funny you seem to have a lot in common with me. strange yes no. I love my MR2, in fact i have had almost no issues with it in the 3 years ive owned it. You basically are looking at the same thing i have. Just bought it a few days ago. I love the R. Now i havent had it long enough to attest to its maintenance stuff. But as far as cars go i love it. read up on my post in general forums

https://volvoforums.com/m_69788/tm.htm

If you have something specific to ask go for it. I'll answer as best i can.
hahaha yes that is quite the coincidence that we both own or have owned the same vehicle. I loved my mr2 i would do anything to have it back but hey you know S**T happens right ? unforunatly my mr2 spent 85% of its life in a bodyshop/dealership so i never got the sheer enjoyment of the car all the time, but when i did ohh what a car it was i wish i coulda have slapped 100 more hp under the hood of that thing it would be a torque monster hehe but ig uess thats y i want this volvo. Well i got more specific with m,y saleman here at the dealership and got more info on my ArGHHH . Well apparently its selling for about 25k with 32k on the odo, as a tech i can get it for about 21k with about 5k down and $400 payments a month not including insurance on the car. It doesnt help that im under 21 years old and currently paying off tech school but im hoping within the next few months of research on the R i'll fall even more in love with it and just shell out the extracash for it. i hope to hear more from you guys in the future
thanks
Ct