New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

new member, new project

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking new member, new project

so, I just joined, I think, anyways, I bought myself an 04 S60 2.5T AWD shiftronic.

it came with 17 inch thor wheels, wooden trim, hid xenon head lights, all the good stuff about volvo pretty much.

I've driven 13500 miles since feb, 95 percent of which was just fun driving.

I am extremely satisfied with the S60. however, i doubt it will be fast enough to think of it as good enough.

so far, i have done oil changes, spark plugs, and bearings air filter...

i just bought a cold air intake, lowering springs, silicone boost hoses, new front struts, i will be upgrading to a modified ecu very soon.

im hoping all the work will be worth it.

i will slap on some new rubber soon, not sure which tire im going with though. sway bars are coming soon, so isn't exhaust. im thinking a custom exhaust will yield more power than anything ive seen out there.

im going with a powerchipgroup ecu upgrade, ipd silicone hoses, eibach pro spring kit, with gr-2 struts.

thinking about getting some wheel spacers for the wider stance and less inner wheel well rub since lowering it may cause problems.

except for the lowered height, its gonna look stock, and very unsuspecting.

im also looking for a rear spoiler that doesn't cost an arm and a leg and goes with the flow of the car.

any comments, questions, advice will be greatly appreciated.

hope ya'll have fun in your bricks, i know i sure do.

Old 05-20-2010, 03:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome!
I'll get right to it.
Do your self a favor and go with any other tune except Powerchips. Even Evolve/Elevate stopped using them as there tuning partner. MTE/iPd, ViVA/RiCA and Elevate/Autotech tune, all have solid and proven tunes with great support. The rest of everything you outlined looks good. I just finally picked up my iPd hoses at there car show last weekend. Looking forward to installing them with my new Forge CBV tomorrow! I'm running the Eibach springs and 15mm spacers on my R in the rear and it really brings the stance together nicely.
Any 3" turbo back exhausts are gonna see about the same increases, the only thing you'll really notice with a custom set up is, you wont be spending nearly as much as a prefabbed set up. Do make sure you get a Mandrel bent and not a crush bent set up though. Actually, There is a TME turbo back for sale on SS right now for $1,500. That's a great deal for that set up.

For the spoiler you can go with the OEM spoiler from the optional areo kit. Or if your a lip spoiler kind of guy, Carbonfiberwerks.com has 2 good options available for the S60's. I have the PCC panel and think it flows very nicely with the lines of the car. But the other one looks nice too.

A few more things to consider for handling beyond swaybars and End Links, ViVA is selling U/R's Strut brace, rear chassis brace and lower chassis braces for the P2 cars for a good price. All those braces Really made a difference in the corners combined with iPd's track Spec sways, End Links and Eibach Springs.

Oh, I would also upgrade to Poly upper engine mounts and Strut bar conversion kit from ViVA.

Happy modding. And in the end, it will all be worth it!

Old 05-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to the forum.

Old 05-20-2010, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

kind of late for the ecu. if it sucks, i'll find something that doesn't.

but this is what they had to say about the performance increase.

Powerchip has a range of chips to suit your car, which can increase it's power to between 241 hp and 245 hp, and it's torque to between 283 lb.-ft and 290 lb.-ft.

i know there are a few chips out there that offer higher numbers, but powerchip seemed to be the only one who gave a damn about customer service and quality.

there's no way in hell i would ever go with a crushed bend exhaust. i want something better than stock!!! so yeah, mandrel bent is the way to go.

i kind of figured the custom exhaust would be cheaper. a lot cheaper actually.

does anyone know of any high flow obdII compliant cats?