New V70 enthusiast that can't drive - Volvo Forums - Volvo Enthusiasts Forum

New Members Area Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself.

New V70 enthusiast that can't drive

Old 02-20-2019, 09:54 PM
Smile New V70 enthusiast that can't drive

Hi, my name is Logan. I'm from northern WI and have a 2001 V70 T5 w/ the infamous aw50-55SN with 138k. I don't have my license yet, and am trying to learn the most I can about just any of the cars in general. At the moment Im just cleaning up my car and fixing all of the little things that have happened to it over the years. When my dad and I first picked it up, the owner claimed it need a new trans. To his suprise, we actually pulled it onto the U-haul trailer and drove away. We got to our house and of course had to see how far we could get without doing anything to it. I was driving and my dad was riding along; we got about 2 miles down one of our nearby backroads and the trans started slipping. So, he we and got his truck and used a tow strap to get it home. I then quickly detailed the filthy interior and rinsed it off since it was dirty. I was worried that we would have to disassemble the valve body and clean out those wonderful solenoids, but one night when I got home from work, my dad had flushed the trans and added about 2 quarts that were missing. Now it shifts smoother that my dads '04 XC70, and im very happy about it. I get my license in April, and have changed the top motor mount, serviced the PCV system, new front door coaxial speakers, Dynamat in all 4 doors, cabin air filter, and got a roof rack for it. Im not exactly sure what I want to do for a living, I love these cars and hope the enthusiasts from the Midwest can cooperate a little more like the west coast. Let me know what you guys think. Also, how do you delete threads? Thanks Logan

Last edited by LoganBjork; 02-20-2019 at 09:58 PM.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:29 PM

Hi Logan! Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Old 02-21-2019, 03:41 PM

moderators can delete threads - you can edit your own posts after the fact.