Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Don't do business with Eeuroparts.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:21 PM
VJZ
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't do business with Eeuroparts.com

I had a bad experience with them.

I needed an intercooler hose for my 850 turbo. When I ordered it it was about $15 cheaper than FCPGroton, and I need to save as much cash as possible.

Their stock was good.

Magically I called to see if it had shipped and they said it was back ordered. No email or anything. In fact I never received an email from them except for the PayPal receipt.

When I registered with them, I just got an email that said "Thanks for Registering."

When I called back to have them cancel the order, they said sure. I then called back and they said it would take over a week to credit the money back.

So now I can't get a hose until about a week and a half from now.

I'm never buying stuff from them again.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:51 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club !!!!!
They have the worst costumer service in the world. I would never buy from them again.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:10 PM
VJZ

Originally Posted by blackbrick
Welcome to the club !!!!!
They have the worst costumer service in the world. I would never buy from them again.

The guy told me they canceled the order and the refund would show up in my account on Tuesday or so.

Well, now I get an email saying my hose has SHIPPED!

WTF?

The FedEx tracking number says "not found" when you try to track it.

Which is great...FedEx...that means I have to SIGN for a hose.

Old 08-15-2009, 05:09 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Sometimes FedEx will drop it at your door, depending on your area and the way they shipped it. If the tracking number is bad I don't think it was shipped, the system is pretty air tight, not like the USPS system.

Last edited by rspi; 08-15-2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: typo
Old 08-15-2009, 10:40 AM
VJZ

Nope.
I have a package coming.

Great.

I am NOT paying for this hose. i requested a refund. The agent said the order was canceled and I would have a refund by Tuesday (3-5 business days; standard procedure for a store refund).

I am also NOT paying for their 15% restocking fee. If I don't have a credit back I am initiating a PayPal claim.

Or maybe I'll get lucky and they shipped it right before the guy canceled my order.

Old 08-16-2009, 06:40 PM

wow, that's a shame. it's tough to make a simple mistake in business these days. word travels fast! I usually buy from them first, especially with there recent free fedex shipping changes. Bought for many years for SAAB, BMW and Volvo parts without a problem.

i do normally order online, but if i really need to make sure everything is going to be as expected (in stock, on time) i call to place the order. that goes for any vendor.

Old 08-16-2009, 07:57 PM

So did u get the hose and the refund?

Old 08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
VJZ

Uhh..I got a hose...but no refund.

Here's the deal:

FRIDAY:

Order place in the early afternoon

--Called later to receive tracking number. Was told item was back ordered until Wednesday (of this week).

--Order cancelled

IMMEDIATELY AFTER: I find a guy on VS in CA. I pay him for a hose, he walks to the post office and ships it within a half hour. EXCELLENT guy!

SATURDAY: I receive a tracking number for the hose from EEuroParts and FedEx.

SUNDAY: Friendly reminder to send the refund sent through PayPal.

TODAY: Reply from EEuroParts. I was told to refuse the package and have FedEx send it back. THEN I would be credited.

So, I called to EEP today to get stuff straight. And let me tell you, this Dean guy is a complete tool. I couldn't get him to answer ONE question straight and effective.

Here's how my process is going to work. I called FedEx today to have a return to sender put on the package. The guy at FedEx was cool as hell. He said it should be back to EEP no later than a week from today, but probably earlier. At that point it is up to EEP to get the refund out.

Here's how poor EEP's communications are. When I called today, this Dean character said that magically the ScanTech order came in and it had my intercooler hose on it. The warehouse guys did not check the email to CANCEL my order before shipping it. Dean said they have no control of processed orders. True, I get that. But not when I requested a refund already.

He then told me refunds are ONLY handled in one batch on Thursday, so once a week. So how is it that my order on Friday being canceled would show up as a refund in my bank account on Tuesday (tomorrow)?

My biggest beef is the time of processing for a refund. I paid with PAYPAL! All he has to do is hit refund on my order. THAT'S FREAKING IT! He said its a possibility that my refund would show up to me the same day that the return was processed.

This is complete BS. I am going to call PayPal and get an opinion from them on what I can do.

Point is, I was never notified for ANYTHING. Not the back order, not the magical arrival of the truck, not their return policy. NOTHING. All this stuff should be laid out better in emails.

These asshats shouldn't be sitting on my nearly $50 for almost two weeks because THEY made a mistake. I'm not paying for their stupidity.

Old 08-17-2009, 12:46 PM
VJZ

Originally Posted by rallyracer
wow, that's a shame. it's tough to make a simple mistake in business these days. word travels fast! I usually buy from them first, especially with there recent free fedex shipping changes. Bought for many years for SAAB, BMW and Volvo parts without a problem.

i do normally order online, but if i really need to make sure everything is going to be as expected (in stock, on time) i call to place the order. that goes for any vendor.

Had FCPGroton been cheaper on the hose, I would have ordered it through them because they're great to deal with and I know they'll handle it effectively.

Old 08-17-2009, 01:12 PM
VJZ

I called PayPal for advice.

The lady filed a dispute for me. She said I was in the right and that they should have refunded my money

Old 08-17-2009, 03:14 PM

also remember that most places will price match, so if you are more comfortable with a certain vendor, just call them up and give them a chance at the business.

a good example is my volvo fuel pump. i gave my usual vendors a chance. they couldn't match the price, so i went with a new vendor. it was a $300 difference, so it made sense.

loyalty can work on your side too. i bought about $4000 of porsche parts from a vendor and wanted to return a few hundred worth with no penalty. it was a short discussion to my favor.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:07 PM
VJZ

The package got back to FleaEuroParts on Friday and no action was taken today.

I just got off the phone with PayPal and the representative agreed that their policies were BS for customers.

He immediately refunded my money.

So for future reference:

AVOID EEUROPARTS.COM AT ALL COSTS.

FCP all the way!