Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

How's everyone doing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 12:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How's everyone doing?

Just checking in.

I've been crazy busy for the past couple of months designing a book, and the Volvo has been running great, so I haven't had time or need to stop by. But things are slowing down, thank goodness!

Hope everyone and their Volvo's are tip top!

Old 03-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: How's everyone doing?

Doing fine. Had the TB changed in the S60. Getting ready to take the sons 850 to get the windows tinted and the spoiler installed next week. Spending lots of time as a volunteer track coach for my sons high school team and getting him to club soccer matches.

Old 03-19-2008, 07:25 PM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Absolutelyhorrible being stuck in J@p@n, dealing with the rudestco-workers on Earth. It's been a year since I was forced (not really forced but I just respected the immigration law) to leave the U.S. and my breaking point has shot well past the red line. J@p@n is a great place for a short term visit & buying some electronics but to live & work here? Think 3 times or just forget it. I work for a U.S carrier but 90% of the co-workers can barely speak EngRish and the flight crews also seem getting tired of them. When the locals try to say word "critical", their Ls and Rs are reversed so they end up saying cl.......

Other than that, I've been building model cars and it is a great stress relief. I hope your 3-Lozenge is still running fine.

JPN

Old 03-19-2008, 08:18 PM

Since starting my new job as the manager of manufacturing at an aerospace company ( quite a differance from the wire cable machine company !) my spare time has been sparse. The family and Volvo's are doing good. The to do list is growingbut life is good. Thanks for asking.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:57 AM

Sorry to hear JPN. I hope things get better for you! and that you get back to the US soon!

Good to hear things are going well for everyone also. I forgot to mention in my original post, my wife and I are expecting our first child at the end of August! We are looking forward to bringing another car nut into the world (boy or girl ). Life moves way too fast sometimes, but we are totally excited and hope our 850 sticks around for a long time to come. What better family car?!

Old 03-20-2008, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the impending addition. Doesn't seem so long ago but my oldest turns 19 next month. She's a freshman at the University of Louisville now. Going to be a Nurse Practitioner. The youngster turns 16 next month. He's a sophomore and plays soccer and runs track. He can hardly wait to get his learners permit and start driving the 850 we bought for him. Now you really need to have two kids, one of each sex. My theory is you can't really call yourself a parent until you have one of each.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:08 PM

Typhoon, Life as you know it ends in August...... I meant... congratulations to your new coming disruption...........Oh ah...... I think I meant to say......Mayyour new arrival bring you joy and diapers........I wanted to say........I send my deepest regards to you, your wife and the wonderful child that will grace you with a lifetime of warm memorys,precious moments, great times, first steps, funny faces, lego creations, super report cards, T-ball, scouts, questionable friends, dances, graduations, late nights by the phone,bright moments, body piercings.............This isn't coming out the way I meant..................Forget I said anything in black.