Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

A jerk on eBay did me a favor...

Old 06-11-2012, 11:05 PM
Administrator
Default A jerk on eBay did me a favor...

Over the past several months I have been posting and selling all kinds of repair instructions on eBay. From auto repairs to laptop computer repairs. I was charging $1 for them, so at the end of the month posting these instruction was actually costing me money.

In the details of the instructions I told people that they should get their item delivered the next business day. I usually check my e-mail daily and would send the instructions as soon as I seen the paypal message. Anyway, people would usually send me a message about an hour or so after their purchase looking for them. Some request second copies weeks later and so on. No big deal.

Anyway, today I log into eBay and see negative feedback from someone that I sent the instructions to within 2 hours of their purchase. Said they wanted a book or something. Who knows, maybe he was looking for a Haynes manual or something for $1. So I sent the person a message letting them know that I didn't appreciate the negative feedback, then refunded their money.

After thinking about it for a few minutes, I decided that I had enough stress in my life and pulled all of my instruction listings. That was earlier today. Well, I just logged in eBay to purchase something and seen 3 messages from the jerk. The first one was them laughing for bringing my 100% feedback down to 98.5% and calling me a nasty name. The second was simply hurrassment. Then the third was the person telling me that they would withdraw the negative feedback for $100. Wow, really, all in writing?

So I reported them to eBay as someone trying to extort money from me. Don't these stupid people know how bad they are coming down on people for cyber bullying?

I did send them a nice message thanking them for saving me stress and money. I'll file this under "no good deed goes unpunished".

Last edited by rspi; 06-11-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:29 AM

Person did seem like a real jerk. I'v had an experience like that that kinda ruined a friendship. A friend of mine had given me his laptop because I fix them. He told me he didn't want it back, and didn't really care what I did with it. So I fixed it. I asked him if he wanted it back, multiple times, and he said no. So me not needing another computer because i have an abundance of them, was going to sell it to my dad since he needed to upgrade. It goes for about $370 on Amazon, but i charged $170 I believe. Everything was good and well and all, and of course most of the money went towards gas because i hadn't had a job yet. A month passed. He decided he wanted it back. There was a whole heated discussion via text, and he threatened me. I was gonna charge $210 for work and for Windows licensing, but he flipped s**t on me so i got the parents involved. I had to give it back to him, but i wiped windows. I hope they enjoyed having their useless shell of a laptop back. The part that screwed me over, I had to pay dad back, which was hard to do as I had used a majority of the money already.

Point is, some people just screw you over sometimes. But hey, I learned a lesson! Type up an agreement, and get people's signatures. Sorry if my rant was freakishly long, but i can relate, so i felt like typin it up!

Old 06-12-2012, 05:19 AM
Administrator

A lot of people don't understand the risk & crap you have to deal with when you help them. I fixed a laptop last week and the next day I got a call that it wouldn't close. One of the hinges broke loose from the monitor. They didn't blame me but so far I have spent $52 in parts and they some in I'll likely have 3 hours into fooling with the thing. :frown:

Old 06-12-2012, 04:06 PM

Tech savvy to eh? Me too to an extent. I like fixing computers. It's what I plan to do when I graduate from high school. Either that, or recently I have been intrigued by cars and fixing them.