Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic. Anything Goes.

Somthngfrce's Emotional Release Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bobec is correct, we all are little light in the cerebellum if we obsess over volvo's

ps gabe when did you get that recent photo of yourself?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silkhope
bobec is correct, we all are little light in the cerebellum if we obsess over volvo's

ps gabe when did you get that recent photo of yourself?
Oh, that old thing? That was 2007's Christmas card.

Old 12-16-2009, 07:19 PM

uhum.....(clearing throat) Thread jacking at it's best I see!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:24 PM

So, seeing that there're no shrinks on the forum to help me resolve my midlife crisis I fell of a cliff this mornig when a co-worker forwarded this clip

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...6C441173EDB7CB

Turn up the volume!!!!!

Now my blood is pumping like a 16 year old (self psycho analysis of this statement...Once you've had a lot of a really good thing you start to remember other really good things) I know it's not a Volvo but....I start thinking C30 AWD pumping big time horsies (To eat that subaru alive... I want to kill it) But then I think this is Somthngfrce's Emotional Release Thread and I find this really cool vid of a 240 rally car

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...FA4D4C3DD45B31

Turn up the volume!!!! Is that the turbo whining or the rear end. Got a love all the crap hitting the inner fenders.

Then this short one was really inspiring and vindication for all of us brick drivers.

http://www.tuff240.com/videos/volvo/242vs500e.mpa

Old 12-16-2009, 07:37 PM

Ken Block is simply A M A Z I N G!...........................

Old 12-16-2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Somthngfrce
Ken Block is simply A M A Z I N G!...........................
Yeah totally agree. Didn't even know the name until I came home from work and thought I was showing our 11 year old a really cool vid, his words "oh yeah..'ve seen that.. it's Ken Block he owns DC corp" WHAT? who's Ken Block? "he's the best rally driver in the world" WHAT? you know what rally racing is? "Oh yeah I've seen all of the clips online" Now boy, How would you like to drive a really smooooking Volvo and eat that subaru alive?

Old 12-17-2009, 06:44 AM

uhum.....(clearing throat) Thread jacking at it's best I see!
Hey, we're only keeping up with random nonsense to keep your mind off of things. We're doing this for you, can't you see that!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Bobec
So, seeing that there're no shrinks on the forum to help me resolve my midlife crisis I fell of a cliff this mornig when a co-worker forwarded this clip

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...6C441173EDB7CB

Turn up the volume!!!!!

Now my blood is pumping like a 16 year old (self psycho analysis of this statement...Once you've had a lot of a really good thing you start to remember other really good things) I know it's not a Volvo but....I start thinking C30 AWD pumping big time horsies (To eat that subaru alive... I want to kill it) But then I think this is Somthngfrce's Emotional Release Thread and I find this really cool vid of a 240 rally car

http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/vid...FA4D4C3DD45B31

Turn up the volume!!!! Is that the turbo whining or the rear end. Got a love all the crap hitting the inner fenders.

Then this short one was really inspiring and vindication for all of us brick drivers.

http://www.tuff240.com/videos/volvo/242vs500e.mpa

AGREED. It's so awesome to watch his videos. My favorite is when he has Rob Dyrdek "co-starring". I lol.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:56 PM

I have some emotions that is in need of releasing.

Got a B+ and an A- on two of my finals so far!!!!!

Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 PM

NIce Job man........I would let off some emotions but I am so tired from working on my other house I just bought, my 850 is feeling a little jealous!

Old 12-20-2009, 08:57 PM

Thanks! I know how you feel. Tonight is the first time I've driven my car in close to two weeks, since I've basically been living at the Union and the library. Oh well, this break I plan to finish my motor, going to get paint tomorrow, and probably paint the valve cover before I go home for Christmas so when I get back I paint the block. Looking forward to it.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:12 PM

One word... Snow.

Snow.

I love snow. I went to high school in New Hampshire - I ski like a bandit... but... snow.

My fiance had a flight this morning outta philly international. We live on the other side of the city from the airport, typically about an hour drive.
Flight was at 1130 or so this morning.

Wake up at 6, dig out her civic because the Volvo would just have way too much HP for the roads. Drive, and drive, and drive. About 10 minutes from the airport the phone rings. Its her dad... flight canceled... home we come... argh! The roads were not too bad! I was shocked the flight was canceled. What a PITA!

Old 12-20-2009, 09:54 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Man, that Subaru video is SICK! Tiger should get some driving lessions from that guy so he doesn't smash another suv trying to take off fast. I don't think the cops would ever catch that guy.

Old 01-03-2010, 06:13 AM

I need some release........Bought a new house, 2 weeks ago now the Volvo has tons of space in the garage and also has an empty spot in there begging for another brick. However, this place has me so busy I barely have time to finish this sentence. I am a Volvo junkie that just can't seem to find time for the forum lately ............BUt I did get a bargain for this place and I am close to the you pull and pay that stocks Volvos

Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 AM

Congrats on the house! It sounds like that empty space would be perfect for some sort of project.

Old 01-03-2010, 09:30 AM

I found him one down the road from me, but he will not pull the trigger. In fact I have not heard from him in a while. I guess we all know what that means. He is gonna blow, all that pent up frustration just sitting thar simmering.

Old 01-03-2010, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by silkhope
I found him one down the road from me, but he will not pull the trigger. In fact I have not heard from him in a while. I guess we all know what that means. He is gonna blow, all that pent up frustration just sitting thar simmering.
What project car did you find for him?

Old 01-03-2010, 12:25 PM

i found him a 240 wagon

Old 01-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need some release........Bought a new house, 2 weeks ago now the Volvo has tons of space in the garage and also has an empty spot in there begging for another brick. However, this place has me so busy I barely have time to finish this sentence. I am a Volvo junkie that just can't seem to find time for the forum lately ............BUt I did get a bargain for this place and I am close to the you pull and pay that stocks Volvos
How about a 2000 S40? Red, PERFECT PAINTWORK, aftermarket Konig Twilite wheels with Nitto NeoGen rubber, EST CAI, billet oil cap, 1 year old front brakes, new passenger airbag, new throttle cable, new thermostat, new crankshaft position sensor, flushed auto tranny 1 year ago, new fuel pressure regulator, + more I can't think of right now. 93K on the clock, no accidents that I know of.

$6,000 and it's yours!

Old 01-03-2010, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Lyonsroar
How about a 2000 S40? Red, PERFECT PAINTWORK, aftermarket Konig Twilite wheels with Nitto NeoGen rubber, EST CAI, billet oil cap, 1 year old front brakes, new passenger airbag, new throttle cable, new thermostat, new crankshaft position sensor, flushed auto tranny 1 year ago, new fuel pressure regulator, + more I can't think of right now. 93K on the clock, no accidents that I know of.

$6,000 and it's yours!
That car sounds awfully familiar.

Old 01-03-2010, 03:19 PM

no, not mine, not yet. I still hope I can keep mine. as long as I don't touch it, the wife has nothing to say.

Quick Reply: Somthngfrce's Emotional Release Thread