940T Wagon will not start

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 940T Wagon will not start

In the begining, the car began to miss and cut off when coming to an idle at stop signs. Could restart, and would run fine as long as i kept the revs up, but as soon as the revs came done to idle, car would miss and die. After sitting overnight, would run fine again for hour or so then begin acting up. The times between running good and acting up continued to come down to approx 5min after starting to drive. Now car won't crank at all. My initial thoughts were clogged fuelline/tank, bad ECM (as if I unplugged ECM and let sit for several days this would seem to correct problem for a while). I have checked to verifyu injectors are spraying by pulling fuel rail and watching injectors while starting, and I have purchased to used ECMS. Anyway, Below is what I've done so far:

Replaced the following:
Plugs, wires, rotor, cap, crank position sensor, Fuel Pump relay (in dash), Fuel Injector relay (Dr side fender near battery), ECM (By pass side foot), and Ign Coil.

Checked:
Fuel Pressure apprx 50lbs, holds at 45 for days, Pulled Fuel rail made sure all injectors are firing, Pulled plug wires to make sure I have spark.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you tested or replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Have you tested your idle motor? Have you tried to pull codes off the computer with the self diagnotic OBD1 module? I would start by hooking up a fuel pressure gauge and a injector light and the go drive the car with the gauges hooked up as your driving see if you lose fuel pressure or spark. Obviously you need long hoses to do this...Also,see if it happens less when you have more than half a tank of gas...could be a weak or bad in tank pump...but really sounds to me like symptoms of a bad MAF sensor so test that first believe it is an number 016 for the 940 T. Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 06-27-2010, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by volvoguy2323
Have you tested or replaced the Mass Airflow Sensor? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? Have you tested your idle motor? Have you tried to pull codes off the computer with the self diagnotic OBD1 module? I would start by hooking up a fuel pressure gauge and a injector light and the go drive the car with the gauges hooked up as your driving see if you lose fuel pressure or spark. Obviously you need long hoses to do this...Also,see if it happens less when you have more than half a tank of gas...could be a weak or bad in tank pump...but really sounds to me like symptoms of a bad MAF sensor so test that first believe it is an number 016 for the 940 T. Hope this helps and good luck!
Thankyou for your response. Yes, have tired another MAF. Idle motor will not cause the car not to start, but good suggestion on the flakey idle. Cannot drive the car, as it will not start. But I have checked the injector flow when trying to start the car, and they are opening, and I do have spark, car just won't fire.

Old 06-27-2010, 11:42 PM

Pull out the dip stick,can you smell gas in the oil?

Dan

Old 06-28-2010, 11:32 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timc
Thankyou for your response. Yes, have tired another MAF. Idle motor will not cause the car not to start, but good suggestion on the flakey idle. Cannot drive the car, as it will not start. But I have checked the injector flow when trying to start the car, and they are opening, and I do have spark, car just won't fire.
maybe you have intermittent spark? Try replacing the ignition module that is by the ECM. Also replace the fuel pump relay.