can sumone help me out...

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy can sumone help me out...

Okay, everything is new on this 91, 740 glt...(Rex Regina) except the fuel pump relay, anyhow, new sparkplugs, wires, cap n rotor, ignition, fuel pressure regulator, battery, hoses, pulled the thermostat(im on a carribean island so no need for that) new coolant... get the picture? anyhow, after puttin the new F.P.R... I ran it for a couple of miles n once I tried to open it up n hit 3rd gear(a/t) the thing sputtered n eventually died...I cranked n cranked n it eventually turned on... it shut off acouple of times on the way back home, it made a backfire pop in one of my attempts to start it, I thought the cat was stopped up so I eliminated that today n put a resonator in its place, no biggie, but now the thing dont want to start, and when it does it stays on for like 2 minutes n sputters out...wtf.. dont know what the hell is wrong with this thing, when I first tryed to start it I checked to hear if the fuel pump was working... at first it made no noise, then I wiggled the fuse tray to see if the fuel pump relay was working n it turned on but sputtered out a minute later... could it be that sumthing is loose under the tray like a wire... well its late, gonna jump on that tomorrow to see if I find sumthing loose... the relay works, could it be the fuel pump is on its way out? wouldnt it just die? instead of cumin bak to life everyother time....lol... dont know..please help me out...