How to determine the correct wire to the fuel injector solenoid-all mixed up.

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 09:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How to determine the correct wire to the fuel injector solenoid-all mixed up.

So I did some work to my 940 N/A car, it has a non turbo VX cam, I ported and flowed the head, cleaned and spray tested the injectors, put it back together, and it ran like a champ for a few minutes, super power gains, then...pop...I had a vacuum issue on the PCV, and wasn't getting suction to the crank case-oil everywhere, fixed that got suction on the filler hole, but in doing so...

I stupidly, and there's no way around it, mixed up my fuel injector solenoid wires after pulling the intake manifold off to get at the oil separator, reseal it, fix vacuum leak, etc.

Now it's super fuel rich, smells in the cabin, it'll run....but not great, there's only a few possibilities, as there's two long outer wires, and two inner, I marked them with tape, and tried all the possible configurations, but I'm worried the ECU is trying to figure out too much information. Plus I had an exhaust leak, that's fixed, so..yeah. Car's Mass Air Flow sensor/O2/ECU system has been getting a lot of incorrect information.

But boy..did it run like a bat out of hell for 5 mins.
This is stupid, even for someone with holes in their brain I should've known better, but I didn't DO better.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh, and the main reason was a blown HG, fixed, new flat head of a 90 T/I, but still a 530 head, so...I figured make it better. For five mins.. it was.

Old 12-18-2017, 03:22 PM
no mo volvo
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

all 4 injectors are wired in parallel, they all fire at once, twice per crank turn, so there is no mixing up of the wires.