Need advice PLEASEEE

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 03:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice PLEASEEE

I just recently got a 93 940 wagon b230ft 8 vavle lh 2.4 bosh setup. A71 auto trans with shiftlock. I just recently did a lot of work to it myself. Im pretty good with cars but this is my first turbo car, and forign car at that. When i replaced the air flow sensor for the turbo ( silicone hose after the maf. Sensor ) my oil return pipe came out and my turbo feel apart. Upon further investigation my exsaust manifold was cracked along with the exsaust half of the turbo. There was blowback EVERY WHERE in my intake system so i took all that apart and cleaned it and put new gaskets, new hoses. New oil seperater box, new hoses. I found a" new "exsaust manifold (no cracks) and attached was a garret turbo ( no cracks )off an 88 740 sedan b230ft lh 2.4 ecu( pick n pull ) verry little shaft play odo said 186xxx. I replaced all vacume lines, new cap rotor wires and plugs, new valve cover gasket ( old one was leaking ) so here is where my problem lies.... kinda rough idle worse then when i took it all apart, when i try and drive it down the road it gets to about 3000rpm and acts like its redlining. If i let my foot off the gas it kills itself ONLY when car is at operating temp.i do have a little exsaust leak where turbo and down pipe meet ( gonna try and fix that today and elimanate my cat ) i think it might be the maf. Because its a dif turbo then what was origanly on it. Any kind of advice would be great im stuck at a stand still till i get paid again. The car threw codes ( at least the check engine light works )at me saying faulty maf. Injectors ( non speficaly) and throtlle idle sensor. I also added a manual boost control to the set up also. Oil change, cone filter rather than stock box.

Oh one other thing i know for a fact it needs a new kickdown cable the one on it is broke thats coming on payday.