volvo 240 dl revisted

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 06:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volvo 240 dl revisted

Hello guys,

I know its been a while since Ive posted, but unfortunately my volvo 240 dl is still not running. As mentioned in my previous thread (which i cant seem to locate at this time), I've replaced the fuel pump, the fuel relay, the distributor cap etc. So she either:attempts to turn over, starts and/or then immediately dies. The way shes turning over lead to us believing that it was the timing belt. My bf fiddled with it( he did not replace it!) today which lead to her starting, running for about a minute then proceeding to die. (We were so close!! T.T)

We talked to our neighbor whose a mechanic and he suggested the distributor cap. We moved it just a bit, and attempted to start it. Unfortunately the battery was dying so the car did not start. But we did get a few tries off first. To my ears it sounded like we went back to square one, but to my bf(who knows more about cars than i do) said that she sounded ten times better. We're going to charge the battery and try again. Hopefully shes start. Ill let you all know if she does.

On a side note: We were informed that a possible cause could be because the windshield was leaking. Well today we took some glue stuff that we got at autozone (Search: window | Epoxy Compound | AutoZone.com) and re-calked the windshield (we took the windshield delicately off, took the old glue off and sanded and cleaned it up. Then applied the new glue). Unfortunately as we tried to reapply the trim, it wouldnt click back into place.

Any ideas on how keep the trim in place? like some more glue or calk or something? Its being annoying and as much as we try the clips wont clip back into place. So i guess what im asking is can I just use some calk to hold it place or glue it in with the windshield glue? If not, any ideas?

Thank you so much ^^

Old 06-15-2012, 02:12 AM
no mo volvo
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

if you glue the trim in, it will be very hard to remove without destroying next time the car needs a new windshield.

instead, I'll use a putty knife or something, and remove any excess glue from the channel the clips go into. get new clips if needed, and they should snap in properly