960 head bolt sequence.

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pdieni
That lone wire is the one I am talking about.. Its the middle one that goes no where. I looked allover for the male mating end but when i looked inside it didnt even look like it connected to anything.. Phew thats a relief. I was getting worried. There are three connections there, Like you said, Rpm, cam, then the lone white female lead.
That lead is for diagnostic use, ignition on and a volt meter there to ground should equal battery voltage. Useful for chasing down spark faults.

DanR

Old 12-18-2010, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All is good. Cars running like a dream.. no isses except the valve cover gets hot to touch after being warm. Ive had the car running for a while parked. Drove it all around temp gauge is at half and runs perfect. Doesnt seem to be over heating. The fan wont turn on but that could be broke. I think the valve cover should be pretty hot to begin with but I was just shocked it was that hot. Not hot enough to fry an egg on but its hot. I let it run for an hour with no issues drove it up and down the road and its fine.

Do you know anything about the radio in these ? First it displayed rpt... then i hit some #s a few times now it says off.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:15 AM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

When the radio says off you need to leave the key in the first position(Accessory) position for 3 to 5 hours till is says code. Then you need to enter the proper code to turn it on.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pdieni
All is good. Cars running like a dream.. no isses except the valve cover gets hot to touch after being warm. Ive had the car running for a while parked. Drove it all around temp gauge is at half and runs perfect. Doesnt seem to be over heating. The fan wont turn on but that could be broke. I think the valve cover should be pretty hot to begin with but I was just shocked it was that hot. Not hot enough to fry an egg on but its hot. I let it run for an hour with no issues drove it up and down the road and its fine.

Do you know anything about the radio in these ? First it displayed rpt... then i hit some #s a few times now it says off.

Good to hear.

The valve top should be as warm as the rest of the engine, with hot oil splashing around it is normal to be hot.

As far as the radiator fan going on, it depends on the air temp, it could be quite long if you have a fairly decent radiator before the coolant sensor trips the fan on, on a winter day, it may never go on, in the summer it might take 30 minutes.

Take it out drive it fast, then bring it home and leave it idle, see if the fan starts.

DanR