Greetings and Salivations -760 remote FCC ID?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings and Salivations -760 remote FCC ID?

Hello,
New to the ownership of a Volvo, it has been the car of choice of my parents since the early 70's. They were finally able to purchase their first - a 245 - in '78 and have had nothing since. Financially I have not been able to afford a Volvo, as much as I have always loved them, having driven my parents' for years when we lived in Germany. While they had the reputation of being the fastest tractor on the road, as it were, I found that I could I make our manual 245 dance a pretty nice tune and frequently surprised people who thought they had the better of me in their fancy Mercedes, Porsches, and Audi's.

Recently, my car died and tragic early death - a 98 Buick LeSabre with but 140K. Unfortunately, my daughters had driven both the oil and the radiator dry on a couple of occasions and destroyed the engine. It recently gave up the ghost with a blown head gasket and Lord knows what else. Stupid really, the body was in fantastic condition - had always been garage kept. I had just completely replaced the brakes all around last fall - new routers, calipers, etc.

Anyway, not being in a position currently to purchase a replacement, my mother has blessed me with her '85 Volvo 760 GLE. It has 321K miles on it but has always had Volvo dealer service and all maintenance performed as scheduled. My mechanic says it should be good for another 300-500k ... She has a 99 V90 and with my father having died about a year ago, she didn't need it anymore.

Overall, it is in remarkable condition for a 28 year old car. There is a little bit of rust showing at the bottom corners of a couple of doors, and I am told that somewhere over some part of 2 of the wheel structures there is some metal missing and covered only by the fabric of the car, but those should be easily addressable. A few other parts are needed, hinges for the hood, a headlight frame, a couple of windows motors and the sunroof motor, and pretty much all the rubber trim, but that is the majority of it. The biggest issue it has is that the clear-coat on the roof and rear trunk has disintegrated. The color underneath is intact, so I am hoping that I can get away with some prep, acid wash, and then a $200 Macco paint job. There are only a couple of small spots on the front and rear hoods - about an inch square, where any metal has been exposed so I should be able to get that down to metal and prime it properly before hand. I am going to get Por-15 to attack any rust areas I find anywhere else and I have a friend handy with the various types of torches who should be able to patch the missing metal underneath.

I have been searching for, and finding, the few parts I need, to restore her to full glory, but the one thing I have been having a lot of trouble with is the keyless remote. My parents lost both of theirs. I have been searching all over to try to find a part number or FCC ID without success. If someone could provide me with the Volvo part number and/or FCC ID for any compatible remotes I would greatly appreciate it. I did see the thread here where some one took the system from an 850 and transplanted it, but I am probably not up to that degree of challenge right now - I am trying to get over some long term health issues. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Wishing blessings on you all ...

Old 09-08-2013, 09:46 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I once owned a '87 740 GLE that I put over 405,000 miles on about 5 years ago (sold it to a single mom for $7.38).

The alarm key on those cars were NOT wireless but magnetic. They had a small block that matched the magnet on the windshield. I would lay my block against the windshield and it would magnatize and set the alarm. Not sure how you would match that because I'm sure Volvo no longer supports the system.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Default Keyless entry

Thanks for your reply. I am not looking for an alarm control. I am looking for the keyless remote. Thanks.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:23 AM
Administrator

They had none.

Old 09-11-2013, 04:26 AM
Administrator
Old 09-12-2013, 01:07 AM

welcome to the forum, enjoy the superb ride on this community