Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Adjustable FPR's...Best option?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 12:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable FPR's...Best option?

What is the best option for an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for a 16T swapped 95 850T running BSR stage 3 tuning software? Picking up the new (to me) car tonight and after looking at the BSR website, they list a progressive AFPR as part of the Stage 3 software kit. Previous owner said he bought the ECU used about 3 years ago from a member over at SwedeSpeed and never installed the rest of the kit (however he did do the exhaust and dp in 3" seperately, so that is one less thing to worry about). So I'd like to pick something up to make sure I'm not going to hit fuel cut/starvation in the higher RPMs, mainly as peace of mind (and proper tuning/utilization of the ECU). As the car sits now i'd expect it to not be utilizing the BSR tune to its full potential, and I'd like to get it there with the proper supporting mods...

Old 03-31-2016, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator

Your current fuel pressure will suit what your doing fine. If you want to raise the pressure you can switch to the 45psi Ford regulator but bottom line there is much more to this than adjusting the fuel pressure. The injectors can only do what they are told to do. The stock pump, the fuel supply lines, the rail itself. I didnt see you mention any other fuel components which leads me to believe your running stock. The ECU is designed to run with specific injectors and tuned accordingly. Changing the fuel pressure is not going to change anything. Your not going to run out of fuel with your setup.

Old 03-31-2016, 08:34 PM

Got it. Biggest thing is, I'm not sure what the BSR Stage 3 is designed to run with. Previous owner bought the ECU used from a forum member over at Swede Speed after a V70 part out about 3 years back... BSR website doesn't give any real info other than their projected hp/tq numbers... Hell, I don't even know what psi its running at (previous owner states it tops out at 20 psi with the 16T/ECU setup). She's got a boost leak somewhere that I have to chase down before I can start throwing more power into her. Not sure I want much more anyhow, she's at 218k miles and counting...Planning to go to silicone boost hoses as part of my maintenance when I do the silicone rad hose kit...

Honestly she has plenty of power. At a standstill if I throw the tranny into sport mode and 3/4 throttle it, she'll start chirping tires and losing grip after 2-3 seconds of lag and take off like a bat outta hell...Not bad for a ~3800 lb automatic wagon lol. Certainly not your grandfathers station wagon by any means

First things first though, she needs to be ready for state inspection in 9 days. Got her back from shop today, needs a left front LCA (ball joint is fried), front rotors, rear calipers, one license plate bulb, and a cat. converter...Already have 3/5 on order, rear calipers are frozen up from sitting and I'm going to try and unstick them before I order new ones, just to get her thru inspection. Good time to do some upgrading...

Speaking of rear calipers: Will the rear calipers from a 99 S70 work? If so, would they be an upgrade per se to the stock ones on the car? My roommate has a buddy that has one for parts that he thinks will let a set go for cheap...

Old 04-01-2016, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 97-850Wagen
20 psi with the 16T/ECU
Your fine