Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

A/C blower fan works on high only, 1st DISCONNECT THE BATTERY!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C blower fan works on high only, 1st DISCONNECT THE BATTERY!!!!

Hey guys summer is coming so I was replacing the blower resistor on my 94 wagon. Just wanna give a heads up if you plan on doing it soon or keep this info in mind. I followed these instructions:

Blower Resistor Repair Guide 850/s,v70 - FWD/AWD 1998 and Prior - Volvospeed Forums

After taking the glove box out, the photos don't show what many of us might have, a black metal knee bolster that has a yellow SRS sticker on it. It is not an air bag holder, lol. That black BBQ grill looking thing is something that CAN and should be loosened enough to gain access to the Resistor. The main reason I'm writing this post is because I committed one of the most stupidest grade school mistakes that I am ashamed of. I started unplugging connectors for access but I failed on ***FIRST*** disconnecting the car battery! When I turned the car on and A/C to admire my accomplishment, I had a christmas tree happening in the dash!!! Every light came on or started flashing. From the CEL to the SRS, Service Engine, Coolant, a Flashing Arrow that was annoying the hell outta me to another light that was flashing like a heart monitor and the radio stopped working...... I mean I thought I killed my car. I had to reset everything again, which since i was sweating rain drops and my heart pounding a marathon, felt like it took more time do than the resistor job itself.

So.....I feel like I'm doing one of those "Don't smoke or get cancer commercials" Don't be an idiot like ME and try to cut corners. Whenever working on any electrical part of a CAR....ALWAYS DISCONNECT THE BATTERY!!!!

Old 04-26-2013, 05:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. lol