Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

Oil cooler hoses

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil cooler hoses

So, I'm getting ready to attack my oil cooler hoses. The upper is seeping at the crimp where the metal attaches to the hose.

I ordered this kit from FCP

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/vol...lcoolerhosekit

I also picked up a spare set of the clips and O-rings to attach to the radiator, in case I have to do it twice, as well as an oil thermostat gasket, in case I need to detach that.

Of course, I forgot another couple things I'd been wanting from FCP, but getting the oil leaks fixed is more important than wants

Is there anything else that I need to do this job, or that you'd recommend I have around for this job?

Between this, and the rear exhaust cam seal.. I'm hoping to dry up my oil leaks

Also, will I lose enough oil changing the lines to require an oil change? Or will it just dribble a bit, due to the fact that the engine won't be running?

Old 05-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The FCP oil line kit no longer includes the seals or clips.

This is further confounded by the fact that when I ordered mine early last week, I called in to ask if the kit included the seals and clips, and I was told by one of their people that it did include the seals. I called in specifically, as they were pictured, but the part #s were not in the kit part breakdown listing.

Of course, between the time I ordered, and my order arrived, the picture on the site changed, to no longer include the seals and clips!

Thankfully, FCP told me they will send out the seals, clips etc as it was pictured when I ordered it!

Now, to just get it in place so it stops leaking

Old 05-11-2014, 05:31 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow, hate when that happens. My last big order from them was missing the TIMING BELT (wasn't even on the order form). Work stoppage sucks.