Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

PCV question (yes...more PCV.....)

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PCV question (yes...more PCV.....)

Approx. 2 years ago I replaced the PCV system on my '96 850R when I did the headgasket job. Something I have found a few times is the hose that comes off the oil trap up to the camshaft cover keeps popping off. I have replaced the clamp a couple of times. Now, when I replaced the PCV system, I did order from FCPGroton and instead of recieving the Volvo OEM kit I ordered, I recieved the aftermarket kit (same with my spark plugs...ordered the Volvo blister pack and recieved some Bosch plugs instead). I was in a crunch to get he car back on the road, so I just rolled with it. The hoses for this jumk system I got are already getting pretty hard and cracking. So, I know I need to do the job AGAIN. But, any thoughts on the hose going to the camshaft cover popping off? I have pulled everything apart and checked for clogged hoses, etc, and everything is still clean.

Thanks!

Old 06-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

I have one of those if you need it. PM me your address and it's yours.

I have heard a lot of people complain about the bad after market hoses. I have 1 of those kits with less than a year old. The spare hose I have cam from iPd I believe.

I'm looking at a head gasket job so do send up a prayer for me.