Volvo 850 Made from 1993 to 1997, this Volvo line was available in both a wagon and a sedan, both with were graced with several trim levels.

URO Heater Hose Kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URO Heater Hose Kit

I've had some luck replacing most of my hoses today (all with Volvo hoses from the dealership). All the easily accessible ones were a cinch, and I was even able to remove that short hose on the turbo that most people have to really wrangle with.

Several months ago, I had purchased the URO heater hose kit, so it is the only non-Volvo bit going in. The hoses themselves seem solid and match the originals in all ways I can see, but as you probably know the plastic quick-snap kit is different.

When I removed the old heater hoses, I was very careful to get out all the old o-rings and spacers (I double-counted to make sure they were really all out). As I prepped the new URO hose to go in, I set it up like so (see photo #1):

As I pressed it into the coupling unit, it never quite seemed to click. I tried to situate the clip properly and then press the hose in, but...no palpable "click." I tugged on the heater hose to see if it was firmly in place, but I was able to pull it out, with the entire connector kit remaining in the coupling. What?

I pushed the hose back in. It looks like this now (see photo #2):

I don't really believe it would hold up to system pressure, but I don't know how to manipulate it to be sure it's "in place." On top of that, I don't really know how to get the plastic connector kit out of the coupling without breaking it.

Here are my questions:
1. Does anyone know if there's just a "right" way to re-situate this to make it work as is, or a way to remove the kit without breaking it or the coupling? (Like I said, the hose will pull out and leave the kit in place...)

2. If there is no simple solution to these connectors, does anyone know if I could get a new Volvo connector kit and use it with these URO hoses? They really look identical. I would love to go all out OEM on everything, but given my current budget restrictions, if these hoses can be connected with a Volvo kit, that would really make my life easier.

I would love to hear from all of you, especially if you've dealt with this mess before. Many thanks...

Attached Thumbnails URO Heater Hose Kit-hose-2.jpg   URO Heater Hose Kit-hose-1.jpg