Volvo C30 This compact hatchback gives a sporty feel without compromising versatility.

11-13 C30 Reliability/Feedback Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 07:57 PM
TLV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 11-13 C30 Reliability/Feedback Question

I love my 11 GTI, even more than my MKV. I really do, yet as I double down on 100K and being the only owner with meticulous maintenance and records, I can't help but feel the reliability risk is just too high to continue despite my relationship with this car. I have replaced three water pumps, window regulator, trunk hatch release handle, manifold, gas cap failure, coolant expansion bottle, radiator sensor failure (requires radiator replacement), oil/water separator on engine forcing oil out top seals, Bluetooth module has electrical gremlins and distortion that cannot be traced despite replacement and I have a life long hatred for the base audio system.

The clutch now is slipping slightly and I am cursed with the old style tensioner based upon build date. Chains should probably also be done at that time based on mileage and yeah probably brakes soon too.

The car runs fine and has never left me stranded despite its bugginess, vw has supported me well but we are entering a different level of reliability testing.

I cross shopped a Volvo C30 R Design with this car at the time I purchased new but availability was not there not to mention the price premium over. Interestingly, as I was searching there is now one in my area with about a 4K spread between the value of mine and it. Has just over 60K but same year! I have always thought these cars were exiting and unique design wise and I am very tempted to trade up as these are more reliable. This one is flawless but there are some trade offs, namely the loss of xenons and wireless audio streaming, would have to use aux or usb. I think the driving dynamic differences are also well known.

Thoughts, feedback?