Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

2001 C70 "R" ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 C70 "R" ?

no it was put on by the owner that previously had the car.... i've seen them for sale online at a couple of different sites..... just a letter slapped on your car IMO

Old 08-31-2013, 09:36 PM
Default Just bought a 'Real' C70R !

Hi all, first post on your site. I have been shopping for a C70 for about six months and was holding out for a 5 speed in black. I finally found the one of my dreams and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival in San Diego from CT.

Anyway, saw this thread and thought that some of you might be interested in what the very talented seller/creator built. I'll just paste in his eBay description, enjoy!

Yes I know they didn't make a C70R but if they did this is what it would have been. I have worked at Volvo dealer for over ten years so all the upgrades were done right and work 100%. This car has been my daily driver for over 2 years and I don't want to see it go but a house is more important than a toy right now and I have to sell it. When I purchased it was a bone stock 2.3 turbo manual transmission car. I will try to remember everything I have done to it but I will prob forget a few things because of how much time and effort has gone into this car. Last winter I did all the upgrades to the car in about a month’s time. First off I put a 2.5 S60R engine with 104k and a brand new Volvo S60R turbocharger. At this time I also replaced all the engine seals gaskets thermostat hoses water pump breather system plugs timing belt kit serpentine belt a new a/c compressor new Volvo turbo single mass flywheel with a new 850R clutch and throughout bearing new axle seals all new fluids and anything else that needed replacing was done. It also has brand*new engine mounts all the way around and an*IPD upper and lower polyurethane torque mounts. I also installed a turbo back custom made 3" exhaust. Yes full 3" not the usual 2.5" cutback. I also installed the new four piston Brembo brakes pads and new 330 MM S60R rotors. I also bought a set of brand new Volvo 17" Pegasus rims and had them painted gun metal grey. I also installed Bilstein HD struts on all four corners with rare Apex springs with a 1.6 drop on all fours. I also put in an Ipd rear sway bar to give it some overseer. I don't have the front bar. At that time I also put in all new suspension mounts sway bar end links and rear trailing arm links. I also replaced the front control arms and inner and outer tie rods. I also put in the volcano interior that I stumbled upon in a random junk yard. They only made this interior in 2004 and it is extremely rare! I also I stalled a V70R blue instrument cluster. The mileage is correct because I only swapped the blue faceplate into my original cluster. I also put Dynomat on the entire floor because the heater core blew up and soaked the original padding. Yea I replaced the heater core with a brand new Volvo part. I also installed a brand new Volvo V70R front bumper fogs and grilles. I even took the fogs apart to paint the inner bezels black to match the upgraded headlight housings. Both the fogs and low beam headlights are xenon gas discharge lights. As I have been driving this car daily I have addresses every problem that has come up immediately so there is a lot of things I have fixed that I forgot about over the past few years. Every electric option works 100% windows heated seats lighting convertible top ect... The windows have a 5% tint*and the tail lights and marker lights have been sprayed with tint then clear coated and wet sanded to give it the shiny finish.*The body does have its dings and scratches but no major problems or body damage. Although the convertible top works flawlessly it does show signs of age. The back window had to be glued in and there are a few wear patches on the canvas surface. The top does not leak and the weather stripping is good. I did all this to the car when it had 148K and it now has 178K. This is mostly highway miles because of my 100 mile daily commute and frequent trips to Vermont and New Hampshire.*I just replaced the front pads last month and turned the rotors. I also just got a good tune from ARD tuning. 18 Lbs of boost over 300 HP and if*your cruising at 65-80*you will get an average of 28+ mpg.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:41 PM
lev
Received 134 Likes on 125 Posts

I don't know how much you paid but just last month I had to practically give away a black 2000 C70 HO, conv, with 5 speed, IN SAN DIEGO!

Old 09-01-2013, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by lev
I don't know how much you paid but just last month I had to practically give away a black 2000 C70 HO, conv, with 5 speed, IN SAN DIEGO!
Was yours on Craiglist in Encinitas for the last 3 months?