Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

C70 Conversation Thinking of Buying One

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 09:09 PM
reg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: C70 Conversation Thinking of Buying One

My sunroof has never rattled (2002) but what does rattle is the sun shade! It is anoying as hell but I find if you adjust it just right, it will be ok. I have driven the auto to Florida and it is a great highway cruiser and if you are not operating the air or the head lights, and keep the cruise at 70...........and have a fresh set of Bosch platinum plugs..............you can actually get 36 mpg! Other than that, the normal highway when the plugs age and you drive more aggressively the mpg drops to 30. City mpg is not all that good. Incidentally, I run 'regular' and seldom use premium fuel unless I drive in the hot summer. I drive the auto mainly during the winter other than I drive it to the airport during the summer. I fly three weeks out of the month and so it simply sits in the parking lot.
Reg

Old 03-21-2006, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hm...my sunroof rattles a little bit too sometime, but just sometimes, but then agian i have those crazy speakers they put in blasting all the time so its all good, hehehe.
i went with 98 just vouse i didnt want a vert..all i owned was red cars, and i love this red, but this is my first automatic car which i absolutely hate...i hate automatic, not that theres someting wrong with automatic in this particular car, but just ingeneral. o well.
but overall its a blast.
my car was owned by a guy that worked at dealer and serviced the hell outtait, and its sweet, no problems whatsoever, and he even upgraded to jeweled headlights.
fun car...
on the other note...i debadged it, and people dont know wtf it is...soooo much fun

Old 03-21-2006, 09:06 PM
reg

What type of paint did you use on your grille and what year is it? How did you 'prep' the chrome? Do you have the "901" radio? It does have an awsome sound!
Reg

Old 03-21-2006, 09:12 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: reg

What type of paint did you use on your grille and what year is it? How did you 'prep' the chrome? Do you have the "901" radio? It does have an awsome sound!
Reg
That Grill is out of either a Newer C70 or it is out of a AWD XC wagon. (Thats what it looks like anyway. The pic is kind of far away)

Old 03-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

mladen, your car is really sharp! I like that color so much better than the "light red" I looked at the other day.

Can I ask you to do us a favor and crop your signature picture down to a little smaller size. When you post it's causing the threads to not fit on the screen and I have to toggle left and right to read everything. Or is there something I can do to not have to do that?

Old 03-21-2006, 09:40 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: JimKW

mladen, your car is really sharp! I like that color so much better than the "light red" I looked at the other day.

Can I ask you to do us a favor and crop your signature picture down to a little smaller size. When you post it's causing the threads to not fit on the screen and I have to toggle left and right to read everything. Or is there something I can do to not have to do that?
I agree the Sig should be a little smaller.

Old 03-22-2006, 03:16 AM

the grille is off of a XC, direct fit, but you can also get one off of a 2003 c70

Old 03-22-2006, 02:56 PM
reg

Ok, I ordered a grille from an XC. It does look better than the chrome unit.
Reg

Old 07-25-2009, 02:35 PM
Default new owner

i thought id jump in here i bought a 1998 C convertible that had been abused by previous owner . window was left partially down for months (regulator bad i soon found out that nightmare) ruined the carpet and wood on the console and overall just trashed the interior . this guy was a terrible car owner and I'm very particular about my rides . the body had slight damage and i bought the car with salvage title and have now rebuilt it . i put new console in. new window regulator(found only one in country used on ebay with warranty 245.00 plus ship SWEET ) and mega cleaned the interior but I'm not satisfied . heres my problem the car is metallic silver with the strangest color interior Ive ever seen not sure if its Grey or tan or a weird combo of both ,i want to dye the carpet because i can not get it clean as much as Ive worked on it and the door panels are not great either is there a spay dye anyone recommends or any suggestions would be greatly appreciated sorry for my long windedness but had a lot to say tom

Attached Thumbnails  C70 Conversation Thinking of Buying One-dscf8156.jpg-small.jpg