Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Codes on a C70

Old 01-15-2010, 11:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Codes on a C70

This is kind of a long story, but I'll try and keep it simple....

Basic thing is, I've got a code that's coming on: P0014 - Camshaft Pos. Actuator B - Bank 1 Timing Over - Advance.

I've seen this code online in a few places and read as much about it as I could, but I'm still unsure of how to go about fixing it. The car seems to run fine, for a while it was chugging gas, but I replaced the gas cap and it seems normal again, also sometimes it will take a second longer to start than normal. The reason it's on in the first place is because the tensioner pulley went out on me and I didn't realize it (this was all before I started learning about cars, so I was pretty ignorant). Needless to say, I bent some valves and a lot of money later, the car was running good again. Probably a month or so after the fix the check engine light came on with that code and I neglected to have it checked because it has been running fine the whole time, but I'd like to see if I can fix it myself if possible. I had a mechanic friend look at it and he said that my VVT hub was running lopsided or something, but I'm not sure if I should believe him, or if he's trying to make a buck off of me (we obviously haven't been friends for that long, lol). Anyway, any replies or help will be much appreciated!

Oh...this is a 2000 C70 coupe with the 2.4L engine, Thanks!