Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Dashboard lights broke down C70

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dashboard lights broke down C70

Hello There,

Few weeks ago I bought a Volvo C70 - non convertible - year 2000. A very nice car to drive! Last week I switched some wiring attached to the radio (memory losts) and drove a few days only in daylight. Now I discover that the dashboard lights are completely out. Everything else works fine.
I must be honest to tell, that while repairing the radio I made a short circuit with my multi meter, when putting the black pin to the ignition iron, to find a "- point" (don't know how else to call it, hope you understand). Then I had to put i a new fuse, there was power again. Perhaps there is more broken down?
I truly hope some one can give me some advise.

Many thanks in advance

Old 06-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hownice
Hello There,

Few weeks ago I bought a Volvo C70 - non convertible - year 2000. A very nice car to drive! Last week I switched some wiring attached to the radio (memory losts) and drove a few days only in daylight. Now I discover that the dashboard lights are completely out. Everything else works fine.
I must be honest to tell, that while repairing the radio I made a short circuit with my multi meter, when putting the black pin to the ignition iron, to find a "- point" (don't know how else to call it, hope you understand). Then I had to put i a new fuse, there was power again. Perhaps there is more broken down?
I truly hope some one can give me some advise.

Many thanks in advance
Good news!

The problem is solved. During the work on the radio I replaced fuse #23, because on the inside of the fuse cover hood it tells me that this fuse is also for the dashboard lights. Futher on it seems the with fuse # 32 also for the dashboard light is. I go a little confused here, but also replacing fuse #32 solved my problem .

The funny thing is, while i'm reading the owners manual (beside the inside of the fuse cover hood), that indeed fuse #32 is amongst other things also for the dashboard lights, but at fuse #23 it says nothing of the dashboard lights!!

Looks like the text at the inside of the fuse cover hood is not correct!

Anyway, I am glad my problem is solved and wanted other people to know about the solution.

Greetings from a happy Volvo driver