Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Hood will not open!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood will not open!!!

When I pull the handle the driver side unlatches but the passanger side does not. Anybody have any idea what I can do to get it open ?? I'm in a bad spot because I need a oil change, need to add coolant, and replace 2 fuses and replace the air filter. I'm very fustrated

Old 12-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAzzStang
When I pull the handle the driver side unlatches but the passanger side does not. Anybody have any idea what I can do to get it open ?? I'm in a bad spot because I need a oil change, need to add coolant, and replace 2 fuses and replace the air filter. I'm very fustrated
Cable could be stretched slightly. Try it several times, possibly with a helper at the front of the hood. Also could use pliers on the cable to pull the release a smidge further. Just be careful not to kink or damage the wire cable. Mine tends to stick on the driver's side the first attempt if I do not open the hood frequently enough.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I meant to say that I have tried everything including what u said to try to get it open. I have lifted on that side while another person pulled the release. And nothing. I tried the pliers by my self. Maybe I'll try with 2 people but I'm not having much luck. The locking mechanism feels like it's disengaging when I pullit on both sides if u have your hand on the hood.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:19 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BadAzzStang
I meant to say that I have tried everything including what u said to try to get it open. I have lifted on that side while another person pulled the release. And nothing. I tried the pliers by my self. Maybe I'll try with 2 people but I'm not having much luck. The locking mechanism feels like it's disengaging when I pullit on both sides if u have your hand on the hood.
Normally I will push down and relatch the hood on both sides. If you try and do the hood release with one side unlatched from my experience the stuck side will not release. Maybe hit Tech with a message and see if he has a special method to release both sides.