Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Who actually upgrades ECU's ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who actually upgrades ECU's ???

1. Who acutally here has upgraded your ECU to turn up boost for more HP?
2. What car do you have it installed on, what tuner did you buy?

3. Overall experience... worth it?

4. I've seen ECU upgrades that will put you at 292hp or so, is the torque steer out of control at that point through first/second gear?

5. I have a 2000 2.3 manual coupe C70 that I am thinking about upgrading... I'd love to hear some other people first, and I perefer to buy something used... so does anyone have a programmer/ flashed ECU for sale?

Old 10-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey Corey, you already know that all of your answers are in the forum and can be found at other forums like www.SwedeSpeed.com, etc.

The torque steer is at fault of the car design. Volvo's really don't have that much problem unless you are in a turn.

Most say they would do the tune over again.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:47 AM
Default Allow me to clarify...

I have searched the fourm... even though I don't have many posts, I have creeped around this fourm for years and honeslty have probably read more than half of the total threads on this site.

The closest thread I have found would be this one:
https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-...question-9517/

One person mentions owning the ST USA setup, but I don't know what car's setup... but i guess that doesn't matter...

Everything i have found on this forum is a noob asking how to get more performance followed with responsed of all the options... i already know the options. I was hoping to start a thread where people actually discussed what they HAVE done, not what you could do. It seems that there is a lot of talk about what you can do with aftermarket tunning, i just don't see very much documentation of ppl actually doing it, so i assume it is not that popular. (i'm speaking strictly of ECU work)

Maybe i sould just ask some more important questions in this post:

All these companies claim each ECU is specific for each car and can't be changed between different cars... is this true? Or could I find someone with a tuned ECU from a 2.3L manual (heck even an auto for that matter) and do a direct ECU swap? If not, what is the difference? Does anyone have some used tuning equipment they want to sell... i would figure ppl that wreck these cars would try and sell tunning stuff...

Just as a side note, i have considered the torque steer of this car as pretty bad, try WOT on a bumpy chip and sealed country road and it pulls the car all over the road. Of course it isn't bad at all in a straight line on a flat road.

Thanks

Old 10-18-2012, 06:30 PM

I trust IPD's softloader. Go to website and view videos.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 AM
Default Just returned my softloader to IPD

What one person experiences with the IPD/MTE softloader "solution" may be different than the next. I purchased the IPD/MTE "stage I" software in November, and never got a working ECU map from IPD/MTE. After supplying an incorrect map, the blame game started- it must be I have a bad Throttle body- well good thing the car was in the hands of my Volvo dealer and ase master mech- because that theory was quickly debunked. After that all I got was a sting of excuses about how I have a complex "hybrid" project, even tough there is a completely stock engine under the hood... After two more months of no action whatsoever, I could not even get any feedback as to when I might see MTEs next attempt at a working ECU map. I did get a frank admission that MTE had never produced a map for my '99 R model engine - something that would have been nice to know when I ordered the product. My sense is that nobody from MTE was even working on it- and that IPD has ZERO pull with MTE to get them to finish the job. How it is that IPD and MTE publish a dyno chart telling me how much power I will have when installed, when they have never produced a map?? The chart clearly should be labelled " theoretical power if we ever a tually write the software". So now I have to chase IPD for my costs and expenses incurred in this enormous waste of time. If anyone has ever had a '99 V70 remapped, I would like to hear about it.