Volvo C70 This sporty coupe has a three-piece retractable hardtop for unsurpassed fun whether the the top is up or down.

Words can't describe the sadness...

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Words can't describe the sadness...

I'm going to show two pictures: One of my C70 the day I picked it up on the lot and one taken today (6/28/10). These pictures are a month and half apart.

Long story short: A total loser, drunk and no driver's license went left of center hitting me about 60 mph on a two lane road. The POS leaves the scene. A good samaritan followed him, called the cops and they got at Wal-Mart nearby. Where all drunk rednecks go.

I'm a little sore, a little pissed, and very very sad. The car was an early 50th birthday present from my wife (August). 2004 C70 with only 40kmiles. Nicest car I ever had in my life. I work hard, make a pretty good living and am happily middle class.

Any pity anyone wants to give will be accepted.

Name:  InternetExplorerWallpaper.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  25.9 KB

Name:  wreckedcar.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  43.1 KB

Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Sorry to see another one messed up!!!
Glad you are ok!

Hopefully in the end all will work out fine.

Old 06-29-2010, 04:21 AM

You have my pity 200%. This started my day off so wrong! It's always the hardworking souls like us who are the victims of these pieces of crap! At least you're ok and alive to celebrate your upcoming 50th! PS: Your car was beautiful!

I have a different issue and I cannot bear to get back in mine: Bought it new as an early 60th birthday gift to myself! However, I purchased it across the US, 3k miles away sight unseen! It is absolutely the most beautiful car I've ever bought. And the fact that I only have 3000 miles on it tells you I cannot use it with all my heart. The salesman who sold it to me had remained my friend for over 2 years, never met him, but became wayyy too friendly and turned out to be an absolute disgraceful animal, so much so that I had to call in the US Attorney and the NYC Police Dept. This turned into a daily living nightmare for me, and I didn't have the heart to ever tell my family. My husband and kids know something is very wrong though. I'll leave it go at that. Wish I could use my car but I feel haunted and sick to the pit of my stomach every time I get in it.

So you're bad luck, a few others I've read on the forums, and mine kind of turns me off to loving this gorgeous vehicle!

Last edited by irbrenda; 06-29-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

irbrenda, hopefully the animal has been taken care of. Don't let him continue to ruin your life. He's now gone so go out and enjoy your car. Instead of feeling sick everytime you get into it, think about how much fun you're going to have driving it and how lousy that losers life is.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:51 PM

So what happened to the drunk? Thatsucks! I dont have enough pitty to give. I am sorry

Old 06-29-2010, 08:24 PM

Drunk was arrested and is now in jail. I found out from police officer today that on the morning of my wreck, the guy just got OUT of jail (for what I don't know).

There was a guy in his vehicle with him. Apparently another factor in the wreck (other than the driver being wasted), was the two of them were having a lovers' spat.

Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by krmgator
Drunk was arrested and is now in jail. I found out from police officer today that on the morning of my wreck, the guy just got OUT of jail (for what I don't know).

There was a guy in his vehicle with him. Apparently another factor in the wreck (other than the driver being wasted), was the two of them were having a lovers' spat.
This just keeps getting better and better. A lovers spat?

Old 06-30-2010, 10:54 AM

Good! Hope he serves the rest of his prior sentence, as I'm sure he probably got off of it. May he rot in jail for awhile. Love seeing these animals go away!
Sign me.....Mrs. Court Reporter!

Old 07-02-2010, 08:02 PM

UPDATE: $9900 in damage so far and they have not been able to get the top up yet. My insurance company is sending someone back out to look at it.

And no word yet if the other guy has any insurance.

But on the bright side, I'm driving around in a rented sub-compact.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A rented subcompact? Wow, are you lucky! At least its a disposable car in case lightning strikes twice. At $9000 so far and the top still isn't up, maybe you won't want this car back.

I don't know where you live, but some states have laws to the effect that if more than 60% or something of the value of the car is spent on collision repair, it becomes a "rebuilt" or "salvage" car which has a specially-marked title that is the ultimate stick-out-like-sore-thumb on resale. Not a problem if you plan on never selling, but otherwise it is.

Make sure you learn your state's rules on this before you agree to massive repairs. They probably won't volunteer this information, but if you ask they should truthfully answer. And, of course, once the insurance company has paid the body shop, any problems are between you and the body shop.

Also regarding resale, you'll never have a "clean" CarFax here. Another demerit for resale, if that's a concern. Even assuming master craftsman car rebuilders who just finished their work on Dusenbergs, Pre-WWII Mercedes Benzes, etc., do the work on your car. No buyer is ever going buy this with "serious" colllision damage on record.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I do not believe it is possible to insure someone that does NOT have a driving license. This is why I carry full coverage on everything I own. I simply can not afford to replace a car in the event that someone smashes 1 without a license or something like that.

NADA Guides claims that the car is worth $11,425 clean trade in. Or $12,775 if it's a T5. Sounds to me like the car will be a total loss. That is with the low milage credit. Once a car has been in a major accident, it will likely loose it's credit. Clean retail is claimed to be $14,525 / $16,000.

Old 07-10-2010, 05:59 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Feel your pain bro but it's only a car...a piece of metal...luckily you were in a Volvo...you could have been seriously injured or even killed!!! There are more beautiful C70's out there...only 1 of you!!! Keep your head up..god always has a plan and to own that car the rest of your life was not one of them