Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

CV axel

Old 04-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Good Evening,

This is my fist Axel job and it has been an adventure. After sucessfully removing the old axel I thought it was all down hill at that point. To my dissapointment when I went to put the new axel in the transmission complete the job the new part (bought from Advanced Auto brand name- GSP) did not line up like the old one.

Specifically the carrier bearing mount does not fit where I think it should fit on the axel which is behind the carrier bearing. It is fitting in front of the bearing if axel is pushed in all the way.

I went back to advanced auto and they sugested A that I get on a forum and ask you guys and B maybe get the part straight from volvo to be safe.

Have any of you guys had this problem? Do I really need the carrier bearing? Thank you for any feedback.

Good Evening,

This is my fist Axel job and it has been an adventure. After sucessfully removing the old axel I thought it was all down hill at that point. To my dissapointment when I went to put the new axel in the transmission complete the job the new part (bought from Advanced Auto brand name- GSP) did not line up like the old one.

Specifically the carrier bearing mount does not fit where I think it should fit on the axel which is behind the carrier bearing. It is fitting in front of the bearing if axel is pushed in all the way.

I went back to advanced auto and they sugested A that I get on a forum and ask you guys and B maybe get the part straight from volvo to be safe.

Have any of you guys had this problem? Do I really need the carrier bearing? Thank you for any feedback.

Last edited by Kiss4aFrog; 05-15-2014 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like he didn't give you the right part. Getting it from Volvo would be your safest bet, but that's expensive so if you don't want to spend too much then make sure they give you the right part