Volvo S40 The S40 is Volvo's most affordable sedan with all the amenities of a luxury sports car.

V40 Miles Kilometres Buyer Beware.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V40 Miles Kilometres Buyer Beware.

I keep posting this but nobody seems to be having issues like me.
Does anybody from Volvo anywhere read these messages

Buyer Beware V40
I am a long term Volvo user and travel in Europe extensively, ie quick trip to France also 5 Months of the year in Spain.
I have had Volvo’s for many years and have just noticed that the Digital Speedo is in MPH and of course in Europe its in KPH (Not Shown)
Now I have tried to see how to change the Digital Speedo from Miles to Kilometres but I am told by Volvo this cannot be done. I see that there is a thumbwheel function that does show Kilometres but it is so small that to drive for an extended period using this would be very difficult.

If this so then what plans do Volvo have to rectify this as I am sure I am not the only person requiring this and as it’s a very modern car I cannot see that such a basic function as this has been forgotten.

I am also concerned that all the other functions such as signs and navigation are also wrong, this applies to the Cruise Function as well; I really need to know what plans Volvo has to rectify this as it will cause much stress. This has been confirmed by me this last week on a trip to France when approaching a speed sign 60kph it shows on my Speedo as 60mph

This is not what I was expecting of my NEW Volvo V40
This is not acceptable and as this an up to date Vehicle using Digital Technology it must just be a software upgrade.

This is a great car but somebody has messed up.
Somebody from Volvo should comment.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Volvo doesn't go around reading the forums. And you said they already said it cannot be changed (which is correct). The analog speedo and digital speedo are different for this reason. You can replace the cluster with one that has the kph analog speedo and then the digital speedo will be mph.

Last edited by ES6T; 06-28-2016 at 07:16 AM.
Old 06-29-2016, 03:18 AM

You know this is so silly, in this modern digital age why put a theme on the TFT display which is totally useless and serves no practical purpose, it would have been more use to have a display that also showed kph, even if you replace the cluster it will not address the Radar, City Safety and also the Sat Nav in kph.
I will keep on about this till somebody from Volvo listens,

Old 07-07-2016, 03:09 AM

It dosen't matter which Volvo New owner you talk to, all seem to think that they just change the speedo from miles to KPH, the sales teams do not seem to be aware of this, be aware IT CANNOT BE CHANGED. Has anybody any idea if you can get a sticker for the speedo. I think the themes on the Speedo are a complete waste of programming effort. it would have been more productive to have one Theme with Kilometres on it. We all need to contact Volvo about this.