Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Adding a backup camera and/or navi to existing screen in 2012 S60

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding a backup camera and/or navi to existing screen in 2012 S60

Could someone tell me if it is possible to add navi and/or a backup camera to a 2012 S60 T5 to the existing monitor in the car? I don't want to have to add another screen when the one that's in the car now is the one used for the navi and backup camera from the factory. I was told it's possible but what's the cost and is it simple or something only the dealer can do? Just would like to know if anyone has added either one of these options after the original purchase of the car and approximate cost. Again I do not want to add another screen or mirror I just want to add these features and have them run through the existing screen in the car now. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:25 AM

The short answer is, YES, it can be done using the existing screen. if your S60 is PRE-WIRED for the camera, you'll only have to add the camera kit. For the Nav, I believe that is a software update (I believe), which can only be done by the dealer + adding the button to the console. If you go with Volvo's camera kit, it won't be inexpensive. The Nav update will be costly as well. I'd contact the dealer to get part numbers and prices. They'll be able, with your VIN number, to tell you if your car is pre-wired for the camera.

I have a 2013 S60, which came with those option.

Last edited by LittleMushi; 04-30-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:01 PM
Default Thank you

Thank you for your answer. I called a Volvo dealer and a aftermarket place here in town and the Volvo dealer said that the camera add on would be $1143 but to add navi it would run over $3000 for the navigation add on.

The aftermarket place said they could put a camera on that would show the projection in the review mirror by changing the existing mirror in the car now for $499 but they had several options of mirrors that would make that more if I picked a different mirror. They couldn't do the navigation without either changing out my entire screen that's in now and putting in a new one in but I am not interested in doing that as I like the way the dash is set up in my S60 and changing that out voids the warranty of anything with the computers in the car.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions and if you or anyone else knows of or reads any other options please let me know. I hate that I didn't get one with it when I bought the car. I was just so wrapped up in how much I enjoyed the vehicle over any other car in its class (BMW 3-Series, Mercedes C-class, Audi A4, Lexus IS and Acura TL) that I over looked some of the extra features that are on all of my other cars. I just felt like it was automatically on the car I guess. That's my fault for not looking at every detail as I usually do when buying a car and I buy them often so lesson learned!

Thanks again!
Trich1008

Old 04-30-2015, 01:24 PM

The Nav and backup camera are nice. I've had my CPO 2013 S60 FWD for a month now, and I'm loving it. I was fortunate enough to find one that is fully loaded.

Search this site for backup cameras, I do recall seeing a few post regarding after market cameras. If you want to use the existing screen for NAV, I think your only option is getting it done through a Volvo dealer.

Good luck.

Old 05-09-2015, 06:52 AM
Administrator
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to the forum

Old 11-18-2021, 01:31 AM
Default 2013 S60 pre-wired?

Originally Posted by LittleMushi
The short answer is, YES, it can be done using the existing screen. if your S60 is PRE-WIRED for the camera, you'll only have to add the camera kit. For the Nav, I believe that is a software update (I believe), which can only be done by the dealer + adding the button to the console. If you go with Volvo's camera kit, it won't be inexpensive. The Nav update will be costly as well. I'd contact the dealer to get part numbers and prices. They'll be able, with your VIN number, to tell you if your car is pre-wired for the camera.

I have a 2013 S60, which came with those option.
I just bought a 2013 S60 t5 Premier. Really missing a backup camera. Are all the 2013s pre-wired or just some? I'd be interested in that option. Hope you're still here. Thanks!