Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

First buying experience with IPD.com. Frustrated

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First buying experience with IPD.com. Frustrated

Well. Going off high recommendations from posts on this site I decided to give IPD a shot. On 9/23 I Ordered a set of winter floormats and a charcoal cabin filter. Got an email saying order was completed yet all of the items were on backorder till 9/30. No prob... So I waited till 9/30. No email, no update. On Mon, 10/3 I called and got a female rep. I gave her the order number first thing and she qupped back to me bluntly that they need my last name and address to verify me. I gave her all that and was immedietly irritated that she was short with me. She explained that they were still waiting on the left hand floormat. I said it would have been nice to get an update. She made up for it by taking $10 off the order which then made me happy and she said to call back next Monday to make sure it had shipped on Friday which I just did.

This time I got a male representitive who only needed my last name and zip. (he did not specify billing or shipping which are different) So I gave him the shipping zip, he said he couldn't find it and blah blah blah I gave him the wrong zip and whatever.. So the guy is coming off pretentious and I had to light into him a bit to get him to understand that it's 3 weeks into an order that they claimed was completed on 9/30. He tells me to call back this Wed. Why do I have to call back and get attitude from their reps? Why can't they send me emails with updates? I can find most of this stuff on Amazon and get treated a hell of alot better as far as email updates and customer service when there are backorder issues. I never went into the call with an attitude but they sure brought one out in me with their lame excuses. I think those two reps need to find jobs that aren't in customer service. Bottom line here? Don't advertise that you have items in stock that are not and them take weeks to get it to your customer. This isn't 1980 and I'm not ordering from a sears catalog..

Old 10-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sry to here this i have ordered 15+ times and spent $1000s with IPD and have not had any issue. I have had shipping take longer that i thought it should but they are in Oregon .They do not charge you until the idea is out the door witch is great when things like this happen. IPD has always been a great company for the S60 community. I would give them the benefit on this order that may be that it was just a bad day for the Reps.