Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I hate my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate my car

Instead of the classic "Wake up and drive" motto, I find myself waking up and figuring out whats wrong. My headlights are driving me absolutley nuts... I have one positioned straight down into the ground and the other off centered about 3 feet away into the road so driving at night is neer impossible...I've taken itto thestealership twice to have them adjust the headlights and they say they're fine.... It seems as though I have a blown out bulb inthe back every other day and all the annoying rattles are really getting to me.... I bought a Volvo for the reputation and safety... but I gotta say, i've been very disappointed with my S60 and will never buy another Volvo ever again... [:@]

Old 10-07-2007, 01:32 AM
JPN
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: I hate my car

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem, it must be really annoying.

As for the headlight misalignment, I would dig into the owner's manual to see if there is a guide for headlight alignment (though it may say "have this service done at an authorised Volvo dealer" or some cr@p like that). Or, I would buy an aftermarket service manual; lately Haynes seems to be better than Chilton.

If there is no info as to how to align the lights, I would give it a try by myself. I am an 850 driver and am not privy to S60s, but if you look closely around the top of the headlight assembly, you will find adjusting points.Mostoftenthey require tools to be adjusted, such as a wrench, a screwdriver or an Allen wrench. Then, park your car facing a wall, approx 10 feet away and try adjusting the beam pattern by yourself. You must do this on a level ground, and I believe there are instructions to do this on-line. I used to have a book that had such instructions but don't have it at the moment. Or, once a while someone would force the light bulb socket into the nest, and the bulb may be installed at a wrong angle.

Volvos are still known as the safest cars available to the public; the body shell structure is designed to provide maximum safety a car can achieve (though other mfgs are catching up lately). The weakest point on Volvos are the electrical & electronic systems, and they are usually made by Bosch. European cars in general have poor reputation in electrical & electronic systems, though in terms of safety & performance, they're still better than the others.

If you want a car that always starts & goes, I would give a try on Subaru's full-time AWD for Alaskan climate, or if you can afford, Lexus may be an option as they are winning JD Power & Associates awards almost 10 consecutive years or longer for customer satisfaction.

Even though Volvos do have their own problems, I still like them for unmistakable exterior design, good handling, body that does not rust like American or Japanese cars do, and of course, the exhilarating acceleration on turbo models.

Good luck,

JPN

Old 10-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I hate my car

I know that the newer s60s have a premium option that allows the headlights to automatically adjust to the ground as you go up or down hills. You may have this and it may be malfunctioning.