Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

Passenger door lock knob broken or loose

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger door lock **** broken or loose

This past weekend I noticed my passenger door lock **** was not going up or down when I locked/unlocked the doors. It actually does not appear connected to anything, as I can press it down into the door, or lift it way out. The door is locking and unlocking fine.

Anyone experienced this before? Is this something I could reconnect myself?

thanks

Old 10-20-2010, 07:58 PM

can you pull it all the way out? no matter what you will have to remove the door panel to repair. if you are not intimidated by this, it should be an easy repair.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by peetnik
This past weekend I noticed my passenger door lock **** was not going up or down when I locked/unlocked the doors. It actually does not appear connected to anything, as I can press it down into the door, or lift it way out. The door is locking and unlocking fine.

Anyone experienced this before? Is this something I could reconnect myself?

thanks
sounds like your actuator which works that particular lock has gone bad, if you are able to lock and unlock your door but when you use your keyless remote or the switch inside the car and the other doors are locking when you do this, then the actuator for that particular door is 1 of 2 things...1) gone bad, or 2) the rod for that door is not attached to the mechanism is which case you will have to remove the panel on the door to see! please post your findings good luck

Old 10-22-2010, 11:32 AM

I tackled this last night....it was a really simple problem: the rod had become unattached from the mechanism. No idea how, but I simply snapped it back in and put the panel back on. The connection did not inspire me with confidence, however. If it comes loose again, I'll probably put a drop of glue on the connection.

Old 10-22-2010, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by peetnik
I tackled this last night....it was a really simple problem: the rod had become unattached from the mechanism. No idea how, but I simply snapped it back in and put the panel back on. The connection did not inspire me with confidence, however. If it comes loose again, I'll probably put a drop of glue on the connection.
very good....I told you it was 1 of 2 things, with that having been said and the fact that the rod had come loose from the actuator you may have an issue with the piece that holds the rod in place having a stress crack in it and if it cracked the rod will have a tendency to come loose...I if does again you may want to use some safety wire and glue I don't think the glue itself would hold! good luck and glad you fixed your problem.