Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Passenger Mirror Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger Mirror Problem

Please help. My passenger mirror motor will not turn off. When I turn the key on the mirror adjusts down and the motor will not stop, just keeps on clicking.When I remove the fuse it of course stops. The same fuse operates the door locks and power windows etc. I took it to the dealer and the computor analysis showed nothing wrong. Is there some way to disable the mirror motor or will I have to replace the entire control module.ouch? Any thoughts on a fix? My car is a 2001 S60. EVerything else has been fine.
Thanks.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Passenger Mirror Problem

Hi porky1
What position is the mirror switch in? Try changing it and adjust the opposite mirror. Does the driver side mirror move on its own while in that position and the passenger side stop? If so, the switch might be stuck. Otherwise it might just be the mirror motor. To me it must be one of the two, since the car checked out fine.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:57 AM

Many thanks for your reply. When I turn on the ignition the passenger mirror starts to move down and then the motor justs keeps on clicking. When I switch to the driver mirror the clicking continues on the passenger side but the driver mirror control works normally. Everything else on that breaker switch works normally. Do you think that it is a malfinctioning or stuck passenger mirror motor and if so can it be fixed or disconected? I really appreciate your assistance. I live up Vancouver island and the nearest dealer is 150 miles away.

Old 10-18-2007, 01:05 AM

If you disconnect power (unplug the mirror), problem solved- it will act just like a manual mirror. The coonector is located behind the door panel but its disconnect will not effect other functions, door locks etc.
Pushing the mirror around by hand shouldn't damage the mechanics.
The most likely fault is the master switch, but how much do you want to spend?

Old 11-18-2007, 07:17 AM

Many thanks. Problem solved. My Volvo shop only charged me $30.00 to fix the problem. The only glitch is that the outside temp sensor is a part of the mirror wiring so it does not work anymore.This forum is really helpful.

Old 11-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

have u replace a mirror recently? if so check if u installed the right mirror for the car... if installed a non memory mirror to a car fitted with memory it will do the same thing hope it helps

Old 12-06-2012, 01:19 PM

Bringing this one back to life. I bought a salvaged/rebuilt 2003 V70 and the shop put on a non-memory mirror on my memory mirror'd car. After reading this thread, I guess I can unplug the entire bit and adjust it manually, but I'd like to keep the temperature feature and door control of mirrors. My hope is to find a wiring diagram so that I can disconnect ONLY THE NECESSARY WIRING. I'm familiar with 12vDC wiring, so I'm not afraid to snip a wire or two if necessary. Has anyone successfully done this?

I know that I have non-motorized folding mirrors. The vehicle has the three memory positions on the seat. The defrost button seems to take the fog off of the mirrors pretty quick, so I assume I have heated mirrors (no frost as of yet to really test it out).

In a rough summation:

1: Is there a way to remove the automated memory movement, yet still retain the mirror adjustment on the door?
2: Can I disconnect the memory mirror movement yet still retain the temperature?
3: Can I get a wiring diagram of the door and body control module somewhere?

Last edited by frknvgn; 12-06-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:44 PM

Bringing an old thread back to life, I am having the exact same problems as the last poster.
Does anyone have the mirror wiring diagram so that I can figure out what wires to cut to keep the mirror from constantly tilting up when the car is unlocked? I dont mind setting the mirror, and keeping it there without the ability to easily change the position, but I would like to have the temperature sensor hooked up again.

Thanks!

Old 02-04-2015, 07:07 AM

I think it was grey with a red stripe, but I'm not pulling me door panel off to verify. What you want to do is take your voltmeter and see which wires that run to the mirror see 12v or a ground connection when you throw the switch. That's how I found it.

Old 02-04-2015, 09:22 AM

Do I only have to cut the one wire? As my mirror goes up automatically, would I only look for the voltage when pressing the switch upwards, or is there a memory wire that I can cut, which may be the red/grey wire to take care of this?

Thanks

Old 02-05-2015, 05:51 PM

Could the issue be with the switch rather than the mirror?