Volvo S60 & V60 The mid level Volvo sedan and wagon that offer power, performance and an exciting ride.

PCV maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2010, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation PCV maintenance

Hi everyone. I'm sorry for creating this post. I KNOW there is another one (at least) about this topic, because I was looking at it just a couple of days ago. I wanted to post in that thread, but for some reason I can't find it now...not even in my browser history.

Anyway, I have a pretty simple question, but first here's the story. I'm performing the PCV maintenance on my 02 S60 2.4T AWD. I bought this kit from FCG groton:

http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exe...category_id/63

It seems to be missing (2) hose clamps for the short 90 degree hose coming off the side of the box, but that's not a problem, I just went and bought a couple. The problem is the stubby straight hose (you can see it in the pic) has a metal sleeve around it whereas the old hose didn't. The kit came with (2) screw type hose clamps that I presume are for this stubby hose because that's were they are on the original setup. However, I can't see how these hose clamps will work if there is a metal sleeve over the hose already. So, my question is, do I remove the metal sleeve, or leave it on there and skip the clamps?

Hoping for some suggestions in the next few hours as I'll be reassembling everything after my in-laws leave this afternoon.

Oh, and one more thing. When I removed the fuel injector rail, one of the injectors lost an orange plastic ring that goes on the very end by the nozzle. It looks like some kind of shield to protect the o-ring. I found the plastic ring, but when I attempted to snap it back on, it cracked. It will stay on the injector as is, but just has a crack. How bad is this, and am I going to need a new injector?

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

Old 05-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you still need help?

Old 05-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, actually, I just finished up a little bit ago. I ended up leaving the metal sleeve on the hose, and not putting the clamps on.

As far as the injector goes, I just put it back in with the cracked plastic piece in place. If it starts acting weird, that will be the first thing I replace.

It runs fine as of now though.

Thanks!