Volvo S70 Made from 1998 to 2000, this sporty model replaced the 850 sedan and instantly became a hit.

Going turbo some questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2019, 07:22 AM
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

That is really interesting. You are way out of my league doing this.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small update

Small update but big improvement
I too an old mini paint gun i had (a cheapo) and cut it up a bit then used boost for air and washer pump feeds it fluids. Has adjustable fluid flow and spray fan pattern adjustment saw a 20 different today in intake temps over my last nozzle and im spraying less but more is nice with more boost.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:39 PM
Default Thanks

Hope you guys are liking it so far sorry for my less than organized thoughts but thats just how i work. And thank you iv been goin like mad on this for sometime now but its starting to come together now. On a side note i did repurpose the outside ambient air temp sensor into my charge pipe and extent the wires so i could more finely see temps while driving and damn if i didnt forget to expose the resistor in it sooo its too slow... But im fixing that after lunch. Also for anyone that wants to make a water injection like this its about $20 worth of parts. Use the stock washer tank and pump and lines. Reroute. Ill make a good post on the nozzle its self. Go find a washing machine roadside special for me lol. Pop the instraments off and remove the pressure switch (its adjustable and good for 30psi). it has three posts one is power in the next is power out no boost the next is power out on boost. I added an rpm switch and use this for my second stage of water(post turbo) and my boost control for well some traction off the line and to keep the boost under 10psi until 3700rpm where its a bit easier on the motor. And i have a switch in side to turn that off then its just high boost and water easy and my tune is safe down there just thought until i vent the hood this should help keep the temps down and things safer. I did ceramic coat the manifold turbine housing and down pipe today that helped about 15° under hood temps in traffic with similar temps to yesterday. No race gas in town for me to go to the dyno and find the limit of the denso but hopefully i can do that this weekend and post some sheets for you guys to see what to expect from the shoe string budget setup then ill finish up with me7 and me9 pulls but later just throw all this back on for it. Next comes a 20g. think im staying denso for now tbh it seems easier by miles to tune with what i have. Lets find the limit guys i have a spare motor that im gonna bullet proof so to speak so im willing to see what gives first in a few months. Bet a ringland breaks or we lift the head (might throw some head studs in just in case).

Old 12-26-2019, 07:54 AM
Default Exciting update

Im waiting on a power commander5 (piggyback we use on bikes) but i think this the biggest bang for the buck way to tune our turbo cars. So heres the plan when everything comes in denso with power commander5 and decapped injectors from the na(using na intake mani (helps alot up top after i got the variable length runners working)) and if it works ill be throwing the 20g on and seeing what we get. Using a gl1800 powercommander5 although i suspect any will work if you depot it for the extra injector. Have a few duds ill be depoting to confirm. But heres the range on the power commander -100%/+250% injection and we can set it up as speed density. Still need the maf for idle ect but im thinking the restriction of the maf can be circumvented. Plan on taking the temp sensor out and letting the power commander feed the ecm maf data will see about that. I already have their ignition module and it works the same way takes the coil trigger signal and gives what you want to the coil. They even have an auto tune that works really well for base maps. To make it better i think if you have a turbo car you can make the reverse of that harness adapter i made grab a denso and a $200 power commander 5 and with the software ill put out for the 5cyl it should be cake. And alot less than the flashing the me7 or me9 or any other options iv came up with and this gives a comparable level of control. This will not work with the me7 or me9 their way too smart.

Old 12-26-2019, 08:50 AM
Default Help please na injectors

I cant find the flow rate guys iv been looking for a while now nada. Please someone know this i really dont wanna build a flow bench. I think their the same as gm 4.8 injectors with a different overmoulding but not sure.
any help with this would be insanely helpful.
part number 9125821 and their yellow. Na 2000 s70 se injectors off a b5244s. I know ill need to build a flow bench for before after decapping but for now im just trying to do some math. Good news is if it is what i think their about 240cc/min and about 750cc/min decapped.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:11 PM
Default It works kinda

I havent had much time and started with a junk power commander for sacrificial testing purposes and i was able to get it working on 5 cyl but having issues with my ghetto bring it back to life.

Would anyone be interested in a denso that i repin add a power commander inside the case and set up including software? A pnp deal for turbo (bosch me7) cars including denso sensors ? Dont know a price yet as im just making one for me and testing. Also not done with my own. A wild geuss would be from 500 to 900 depending on how much control you would want. like just fuel control and maybe speed density on the lower side and ignition control and data logging, electronic boost control and dual vvti control closer to the high side. Just wondering if theres any interest?