Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

2002 Volvo S80 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 03:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2002 Volvo S80 Questions

Water Issue - I purchased a 2002 volvo in Seattle, WA about two weeks ago and recently noticed some water when I push on the carpet on the passenger side. I vacuumed up as best as I could and barely any water came out. My question is... Are there any known water leak areas that may cause this problem? I have a slight mildew smell and may consider replacing the carpet all together but want to stop the leak first.

Booster Seat - I have a 22 month old daughter and would like to take advantage of the booster seat described in the manual. Does anyone know how I go about obtaining one from the factory? I tried to call my local Volvo parts store but they were not familiar with the seat and suggested I purchase an aftermarket one.

Cigarette Lighter - My car was missing the cigarette lighter for the front and back. Volvo wanted 32.00 per plug. Any thoughts on where I can find a cheaper one?

Cup Holder - My center console cup holder is broken. The one that pops up. Anyone know where I can pick one up? Volvo wants $60 but wondering if there is a less expensive location?

Exterior Door Paint - I have a Silver S80 and the black paint around the door frame seems to be flaking off. Any recommenditations on fixing?

Overall its a great car and am happy with the purchase. Just would like to get some insight on the details described above before taking action.

Any thoughts would be greatly appericated.

Thanks!
Marc

Old 03-17-2009, 04:04 PM

I know very little about these cars, but since I own one, and no one else has answered, I'll give it a shot.

Water Issue: Probably the cabin filter is clogged and water is getting in. Not sure if Volvo has their heater core under the dash, the other would be if the car was a flood car?

Booster seat: I don't think this was an accessory but built into the seats. I think the bottom of the seat lifts up.

lighter/cup holder: check Ebay

Door paint: both of my previous Volvos had this black paint peeling, I just lived with it.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:36 PM

a lot of the parts you're looking for could prob. be found at a foriegn car recycling yard. i was looking through a '02 yesterday that had a ton of parts still in it. only the tranny had been sold.
not knowing what part of the country you are in, i'd look through the phone book for one close to you.

if you're ambitious, the paint around the windows could be a d.y.i. finish taking the remaining paint off, mask eeverything and respray it. even a semi flat black from a rattle can can do wonders and look a million times better than chipped paint.

Old 03-17-2009, 10:12 PM

There are many water leak possibilities. I believe one on the passenger side is often the sunroof drains getting plugged.

A cheap place for new parts is myswedishparts.com.

lighter $14 http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...&siteid=213784
plug $4 http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

cup holder $29 http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

The exterior door "paint" is actually a black decal which can be purchased and re applied. I have no idea how difficult this is but they are available.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...layCatalogid=0

The optional integrated booster cushion is way overpriced if you want to get it, it's around $280 apparently. I'm not sure exactly how it works but I'd go with aftermarket.
part number is 39995826 for the cushion you might need more parts than that though.

Cheers!