Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

850 Turbo problem

Old 11-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Default 850 Turbo problem

Im new to Volvo and just love this car. Problem is the part in the front grill, which connects to the turbo piping, has come dissattatched. I noticed this, and strated putting it back on, but the rubber-stretching pins broke. Its attatched now, but barely. What should i do? Is this expensive, bad to drive?

Lastly, i've looked around a lot about the headlight wiper problem, and have had a hard time finding the right info. Are the ones i posted below the standard, and are they easily fixable. thank you,

Old 11-15-2005, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Default RE: 850 Turbo problem

Did the intercooler or the hose break.

What are you trying to find out about the headlight wipers?

Old 11-16-2005, 03:46 AM

The intercooler is the one that i have busted up. The hose seems completely intact and without any problems. I could not get the thing to attatch correctly with the rubber-stretch locks. I did get it attatched but its hanging buy a half broken rubber lock, and its sort of banged up, and in a little bit of a different position. This intercooler doesnt look very expensive, but i suppose the car could have major problems if this wasnt set correctly.

Sorry, i guess i didnt explain the wipers. The one on the passengers side is completely messed up. It rarely works, but most of the time it stays in an upward position--not resting. Those dials, that i see near the headlights, are impossible to move,....and im not sure if i should be trying that anyways. Drivers side works completely fine.

Thank you very much for you help,

Old 11-16-2005, 08:40 PM
Administrator

The pictures of the dials are for the Headlight Adjusting.
The wiper motor is under the headlight asselmbly.

If it had an air leak at the intercooler it would idle funny.