Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Current generation lifting points

Old 05-03-2015, 11:00 AM
Default Current generation lifting points

I'm looking for a diagram of accepted lift points for using floor jacks on my 2015 S60. I want to safely get all 4 wheels off the ground for proper tire rotations.

Old 05-03-2015, 07:32 PM

Check the owners manual for a picture but there are four jack points on the car for the OEM jack about 4-6 inches to the center of the car from the wheel arch. If you notice the jack point is a heavy weld seam - you can place the floor jack under that and then set a jack stand along the seam as well. In general its more about what NOT to use as a jack point or a stand - don't use wood blocks to support the jack or the stand. Don't place a stand under a flat body panel or a suspension component like a control arm. You can use weld seams (the thick folds where two panels make like an I bar), the ends of the cross frames where thick metal bolts together etc. Generally I just use the factory jack points with my floor jack and place the stand as close to that point as I can. Another note about tire rotation. Make sure you check your tire tread pattern. If you have unidirectional tires (ie an arrow or lettering saying "Rotation =>" etc, only rotate front/rear. If you have non-directional tires you can go corner to corner one time, front to rear the next. If you are only doing front/rear (like I did today on my S40 which has unidirectionals), you can just jack up one side at a time. To note, on the old 850s, the jack point was mid car and would raise both wheels at once! Makes doing snow tire change overs a breeze (along with impact wrench...)