Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

driver's seat operation intermittent

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default driver's seat operation intermittent

Hello, I'm new to Volvos and this forum. I just purchased a 2000 S80. I wonder if anyone can help with the following problem I'm experiencing.
I can sometimes operate the driver's seat, but it often does not function at all, as if disconnected from the battery. For instance, I can sometimes unlock the door and get in the car and adjust the seat by the seat controls, and then it times out after 40 seconds and I can no longe adjust, just like it says in the manual. But then if I put the key in the ignition I still can't adjust. Sometimes, but not always, if I shut the car off and get out and close the door, I can wait about 5 minutes and then the seat controls will work again. It seems to need to have some time to reset before it can be used, and then it works only for a short period. We have two key remotes and we have set each remote differently so sometimes the seat adjusts when you open the door, as it should, but often it does not. I'm going to put new batteries in the remotes, but that still doesn't explain the intermittent operation of the seats when using the seat controls. Any ideas? I wasn't able to identify the specific fuse for this seat just to try reseating it, maybe someone can tell me.
Regards, Mark