Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Fan running/Interior light questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan running/Interior light questions

Hello, I just came across this forum today while searching for some questions that has had me boggled. I just recently purchased a 2000 S80 and have noticed a fan running sometime after being in the house for as much as a few hours. The fan noise is coming from around the windshield area and blows air through the vents. My question is why is the fan running even with the car off and secondly do I need to worry about it draining my battery?

I bought my car after it had been hit in the passenger rear door and since the incident the interior lights wont go off. I had to pull thebulbs on all the interior cabin lights to keep it from constantly draining the battery. I've looked for a pin/sensor to disable several times and haven't been able to locate one. I'm pretty certain that it's that paticular door giving me the problem because the on board display is telling me that a passenger side door is open. A friend of mine went as far as unhooking the entire harness in that paticular door and that still didn't solve the problem. Is there a sensor or pin in that door that activates when the door is open or closed and if so where is it. More importantly if you know of anything I can try that may help I would greatly appreciate it.

And my final question is, does anyone know where I can find an owners manual beside the dealership. I will certainly buy one from there if there are no other options but I think they were asking for over $100. Thank you all and I hope to one day be able to contribute to this forum....

Old 08-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fan running/Interior light questions

Your fan will run on it's own from time to time, that is a completely normal function. It freaked me out the first time I noticed it too, but it's part of the ac/ventilation system.

I don't have any answers for your other questions, but you may be able to find an owners manual on ebay.

Old 08-17-2007, 04:28 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes the fan is normal. It comes on to dry the evaperator so it won't get moldy.

The light and lock issue is the lock assembly is bad. The switch is inside the latch assembly.

Yes also try E-bay for the manual.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you both kindly for replying.........