Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Passenger mirror moves when I accelerate????

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger mirror moves when I accelerate????

I noticed a few days ago the weirdest thing? When I push the gas pedal down my right passenger mirror wiggles. The mirror is not loose or anything as I can hardly move it pushing it by hand. I tested it cruising without my foot on the gas, then depress the gas and the mirror wobbles up and down.

Could it be a contact in the mirror control switch on the drivers door? Is it easy to pull out and possibly spray down with contact cleaner?

Anyone else see this before and if so what was the fix? It's driving me crazy. At night its nuts as the people behind me distracts me with their lights on the side mirror.

I didn't check yet but I might try to pull the fuse if possible once I set the mirror and see what happens.

This car is falling apart! Broken left strut, car alarm going off when it wants to and now this....

Man what did I get into. I love this car but man its killing my thin wallet......ARGGGGGG

Thanks for your info and or replies.
Spank.

Old 09-05-2009, 07:54 AM

What do you mean it wiggles? Is it the whole Side mirror assembly or just the mirror it's self?

Old 10-07-2009, 06:03 AM

Sorry I didn't reply back, I just moved into a new house and was dealing with that and didn't have time to read and post.

Turns out the mirror was loose against the rubber mount. In other words they must glue the mirrors to the assembly? Mine was so loose and about to fall off (glad it didn't) that I was able to pull it off the rubber assembly with no trouble.

I re attached it and it's been fine since. So wind at certain speeds would make the mirror look like it was vibrating or shaking, the image in the mirror that is. The over all mount/ housing was intact so it was looking like an illusion so to say. The most annoying was while driving at night! The lights wobbling around would drive me crazy!