Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

A photoshop of a black S80...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 08:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dreaded S80 in deed!

Unfortunately its tan

My state also has a 35% rule for window tint... so I can't quite go as dark as those pics. My RX7 had 5% and it took all of 3 weeks before a cop made me remove it.

Old 12-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Default RE: A photoshop of a black S80...

Hmm... those 60R wheels are looking mighty sexy!!! I'm liking them more than the Konigs...

Old 12-29-2008, 09:12 PM

Either way it should be a SICK car!.... If its a tan interior, then get the tan floor mats with the red. That should still look cool. I have a Silver 850, but I wish mine was black... But beggers cant be choosers when looking for a clean car PLUS I live in Florida and it would SUCK in the summer with a black car....

Old 12-29-2008, 09:13 PM

ORIGINAL: poor_red_neck

Ok then please excuse me.

I'm just a little confused then, as to why you are in a Volvo forum promoting Nissan.

Shouldn't you be trolling www.nissanforums.com or something? I mean I thought the purpose of a car forum was to look to other owners/fans for assistance.

I was a mechanic for 3 years, been working on cars since I was 10 years old. I'm ASE A1-A8 certified in everything but A2&A3 (transmissions)
I can tell you that you don't give much of an argument in the case of nissans. In my experience I can tell you Nissan sure doesn't know how to build a cylinder head. LOADS of valve problems, camshaft issues, etc.

I'm capable of maintaining the car.My only other post on this board is regarding the transmission issues associated with the GM built transmissions.

So I appreciate your input and recommendation to buy a Nissan Maxima (which I by the way find hideous in appearance in my opinion) but I'm not interested. If I was I'd be on nissanforums.com and not volvoforums.com
ORIGINAL: poor_red_neck

That reply was geared more towards jlewisinsyr

I hope that you aren't referring to a Z32 for a nissan argument either. Yes the VG30DE was a great engine, the car however was horribly engineered. What a PITA to work on.

Found this interesting too...
What's your issue man, I was defending you. I gave you an opinion with some reference to the fact of tire rub in the S80s. I then fired back against andrei,in that he was touting the Maxima as being better to mod and for you not to mod your S80, infering problems with it.

Obviously reading comprehension is not your strongest skill set.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:36 PM

SH*T MAN!!!!

Im really sorry. Im reading this site on my phone... so please excuse me. I must have scrolled the screen and got the names mixed up. Sorry again.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:51 PM
Administrator
Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: Somthngfrce

TECH, I know. just thought he might get a better Idea of a "done project" as opposed to the "photoshop" visualization. Poor_Red_neck, what you should also do since you have that red stripe on the wheels, add red Piping if you have black leather in the car to complement the wheels. That will make it that much cooler and maybe have someone weave S80 in red on black floormats!
Ok sorry I just wanted to make sure you knew. I think the S80 would look better blacked out then the S60's do. The S80 looks a little meaner that the S60 when they are setup like that.

Old 12-29-2008, 10:24 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

not the VG30DE, the VQ30DE and the VQ30DE-K and the VQ35DE, since 1995 its been on the ward top 10 engines of the year, volvo has been zero times, the graph means nothing, and im not comparing volvo to nissan, i had small problems on both cars now, but the volvo just seems overdone to me, i like the car but some things really annoy me...

and yeah you say you are mechanically inclined, its not the skills, its the parts. go source a bosch 02 and tell me what prices you find - this car has 4 o2's and i had a code for two of them.. check engine lights are common on these cars, the ECU values are tight and its a pain to work on on some things

the black theme is alright, but have you seen a VIP themed car ?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SO... back to the issue at hand...
How much $$ are the Konig's? The Volvo Pegasus rims (aka R wheels from the s60R) seem to look gorgeous in black... the pricing is the only issue on those... $366 each on www.myswedishparts.com for the 18's, $225 for the 17's ...

the plan looks solid overall and seems more than doable... planning to leave the stock lighting or run some HID's? Im not sure how either would look behind tinting... also consider the s80 has Daytime running light's (DRL's) so depeding on how it looks with the tinting you may want that to be disabled..

anyway best of luck.. this thread seems to be the hottest we have ever had.. really quick fire responses

Old 12-29-2008, 10:50 PM

oh yea, i forgot, ipdUSA does a replica pegasus wheel for almost half the cost... worth considering
http://www.ipdusa.com/Volvo-S60/New-...p-74-815-4083/

Old 12-30-2008, 12:08 AM

Yes I plan on having the DRL disabled and running some 5000K HID. I usually go for 6500K but they really look best on white cars. The 5000K are just as good on the eyes if not better in my opinion both for other drivers and your own vision. Typically 6500K gives off less Lumens than a 5000K

I saw those replicas from IPD... very very tempting.

The Konigs I'm looking at are about $250 each in 17" but they are not available in a 5 lug volvo bolt pattern...

Looks like the IPD Pegasus replicas are looking even better!

Here's a few pics of an S80 with smoked front lights...

Old 12-30-2008, 12:12 AM

Here's a set of 17" on ebay for $800 - a $200 volvo rebate...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/4-Vol...Q5fAccessories

Old 12-30-2008, 12:48 AM
Banned

The yellow side markers don't look right on a black car. There's a guy on ebay selling clear ones for $15/each.

Old 12-30-2008, 12:53 AM

I support you on the 5000K choice... Check the HID thread for more info on that because we discussed it fairly recently.. Be sure to get some nice ultraslim ballasts..
Its your call on the rims, but I always like to go with the OEM or replica OEM look as opposed to putting aftermarkets... Once you dont have rubbing issues and can afford it, I would go for the 18's... but when you consider the price difference you can pay for alot of other changes with that $$
it may be possible that instead of disabling the DRL's, you can get your hands on some 5000k PIAA lights or LED's or something like that for pure white light..

PS. those autolamps plus people on ebay are decent, ordered some headlights for a friend's 960 there and they came as promised at an impressive price...

Old 12-30-2008, 12:55 AM

I think I'm going with the set from DMM (I was reading that thread last night)

I definitely like the look with the non-yellow turn signal lamps.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20337/F48150F0AAFF454E8F1BCDCC4288EFA4.jpg[/IMG]

Keep in mind the headlights will obviously look a helluva lot better than that photochop.
The guy's car I posted on page 3 is a better example of the amount of coloring.

I wish there was a decent website that had some sound clips for different exhausts vs different cars.

I once worked on a guy's VR6 Jetta with what I think was just a eurosport cat-back on his car and my god it was the sexiest sounding exhaust I've ever heard. It wasn't loud unless you really got on it but when you did it had a bit of a throaty deep sound with just a tad of an exotic "This isn't another american V8 or Japanese 4 banger" sound do it.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:45 AM
Banned

That guy on ebay wants $8 shipping though... and he dosn't sell them in sets. :hmmm:

As to your rims, the less spokes the better, so you can show off your painted rotors and calipers (black and red I suppose).

Personally I like my stock rims and wouldn't dream of painting them black. I have considered dipping, stripping and chroming them though. So I like a little bling, sue me.

If ya photoshop those black you'll see they just wouldn't look right, IMHO.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:11 AM

I agree, the wheel type and exterior color. Wouldnt go black either. Nothing wrong wifh liking chrome. Thats your thing =)

Old 12-30-2008, 07:07 AM

Hey that is similar to what I want to do with my Silver 1999 S80. Here is what mine looks like normally... https://volvoforums.com/m_119862/tm.htm but I do want to make my car look awesome too. Not saying that it is now but eh. Oh if you would like black and silvertheme look on page 2 (near the bottom of the page. LOL It is the longest post on that page LOL.), I think there is a picture of the rims that I want to get. They are for a 2009 S80, and they are like $750 each but I think that they would work and in my opinion they look nice. Also I don't know if someone has said this already but http://tirerack.com has rims on there for the S80s and you can even see them on the car. You can even choose your paticular car color so that you can actually see what they look like. LOL I had to use PhotoShop on my picture of my car because when I tried to save it, it had stocks on it. Anyway it is a good place to look, and I think they have lowering springs on there as well.

Good luck and I cannot wait to see what it looks like when it is all finished.

Old 01-24-2009, 10:31 PM

I'm new to this forum, so I'm late to this topic, but here is an idea of a black S80 that's been lowered with 18'

Good luck with your project

Name:  Passenger_view2.jpg
Views: 790
Size:  220.1 KB

Old 01-25-2009, 12:01 PM

How much of a drop is that from stock? Wheel clearances look identical to my 01 S80....

It may look a touch lower up front, but overall it looks close to stock.

How much improved is the handling?

Old 01-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Got Boost?
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: JTapper

How much of a drop is that from stock? Wheel clearances look identical to my 01 S80....

It may look a touch lower up front, but overall it looks close to stock.

How much improved is the handling?
It looks like a 1.5" drop, but the owner has bigger wheels (looks like 18"), which will also raise the car.
Handling is improved, but you would need to upgrade the shocks/struts to get the full potential out of the springs and ride hight.

Quick Reply: A photoshop of a black S80...