Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Removing S80 climate control panel

Old 10-26-2007, 09:37 AM
Default Removing S80 climate control panel

Help! I am trying to remove the climate control panel on a 2001 S80 to get to the HU. It looks easy...several help sites online. Car is factory stock, but my configuration seems a little different than the one I read about. Steps I used:
Disconnected battery -thank you to those who shared this...(SRS error if not!)
Popped out panel aroung shift
Pulled two screws below climate control
Everything I read says panel should come out if I pull out bottom and pull panel down
Mine seems to be held firmly in place, attached to the base of the HU by 2 metal bands or connectors. But I can't get enough separation to even get a good look.

If I pull or pry any more, I thinksomething will break...already put considerable force on it with plastic pry tool/wedge. Does anyone know of an alternate mounting configuration that may be in use? And a potential solution?

Old 10-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Default RE: Removing S80 climate control panel

VADIS shows 4 metal hooks holding the climate control unit to the bottom of the HU. There is one at each end, one under the left control **** and one under the inner right control ****.

As you are doing, pull the climate unit towards you far enough to get two fingers between the panel and the centre console then pull down. Volvo's instructions include: "Hint: The dashboard environment panel is correctly secured. Force is required to remove it."

Hope this is of some help

Old 10-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Administrator
Default RE: Removing S80 climate control panel

Also if you can DO NOT UNPLUG the module.
I have heard of them not working after plugging them back in.