Volvo S80 A performance sedan that offers top notch luxury, outstanding handling and so much more.

Sirius Radio location

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 08:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Sirius Radio location

I have a 2007 S80. Does anyone know where the Sirius module is located? I need to upgrade it because I currently can't get all of the sirius radio stations with the factory installed one. Its to old. Thanks!

Old 08-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the trunk, under the floor hatch

Old 08-14-2015, 01:36 PM

Found it, thanks! Next step.... Found a few modules on ebay, then I contacted Sirius and they ran the Sirius ID number on them and they told me what ones were upgradable to ALL Access. (I currently don't get all the channels because my module in my 2007 is to old.) I bought one that is said to be "all access" on ebay for 110 bucks. I'll install it next week and let you know if it worked or not!

Old 08-24-2015, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by proanglerh1
Found it, thanks! Next step.... Found a few modules on ebay, then I contacted Sirius and they ran the Sirius ID number on them and they told me what ones were upgradable to ALL Access. (I currently don't get all the channels because my module in my 2007 is to old.) I bought one that is said to be "all access" on ebay for 110 bucks. I'll install it next week and let you know if it worked or not!
Just curious if the upgraded module worked and if so, what module was it? I'm in the same situation. I have an 08 C70 and Sirius upgraded me to All Access, which is really useless in this car because it's too old. And also, since Sirius just did a system upgrade, I lost even more channels.

Thank you!

Old 08-24-2015, 10:15 AM
Arrow

Originally Posted by irbrenda
Just curious if the upgraded module worked and if so, what module was it? I'm in the same situation. I have an 08 C70 and Sirius upgraded me to All Access, which is really useless in this car because it's too old. And also, since Sirius just did a system upgrade, I lost even more channels.

Thank you!
It worked for about 10 seconds, every time that I turned on the car. I was so close! I think I bought a bad module off of ebay. I did get all the channels though. I think Im going to try one more time.

1.Find a module on Ebay, I believe that it has to have a manufactured date of 08 or newer.

2.Then Contact sirius via "Chat NOW" On their website. Then give them the sirius ID number on the module to see if its all access capable.

I just looked at my module and tried to identify it on ebay via the connection ports.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:19 PM

I am still hopeful that you find something that will work because I haven't stopped searching now for quite a while. I called Volvo and they said no, not possible to get a better module. Last July I contacted TSS-Radio Sales (sales@tss-radio.com) to see what recourse I had to upgrade my tuner module. The problem is the additional bandwith for the newer channels which is not something that could be added to older models because of the new technology which added in a chipset that decodes the service.

The module you purchased, does it have the same connections, same interface, etc., as your old one? If not, then Volvo is correct because they said I'd just be buying exactly what I have now. Usually when they change a tuner module, they also have a different connection and interface. But maybe we are still lucky. I am contacting Volvo today, as I haven't grilled them for at least a year now over this! I really think they aren't so swift in this area!

Hopefully, you got a bad tuner and it can be replaced successfully. Keep me posted. Thank you.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:47 PM

Do you think we also need to upgrade the antenna? The upgradeable unit I had was exactly the same, Looks and connections wise. Just the circuit board is different.

Old 08-24-2015, 03:59 PM

Do you think we also need to upgrade the antenna? The upgradeable unit I had was exactly the same, Looks and connections wise. Just the circuit board is different.
I don't think so. I have never heard of anyone having to do that. But then again, I don't know anyone who upgraded their module, especially a Volvo!

I just called my service manager at Volvo. He will be calling me back tomorrow with an answer. I asked what had to be changed if it was possible and of course, the cost. He said he will be checking this out because no one has ever asked him to upgrade either. He was surprised when I said I keep losing new channels as Sirius updates.
Kind of the same answer they gave me last July: no hope! Just to replace with exactly what I have now, which is useless. He said possible with some flashes and software updates, they may be able to add the newer channels. I explained I now have All Access and I want a module that will give me the same, not one that just goes to Channel 184.

By the way, I got All Access for free from Sirius, as I complained about the loss of my channels and how their service is basically awful for the older radios from Volvo. So All Access right now is fine if I stream from my iPhone, but that uses the data of course, of which I am no longer unlimited.

Will post back when I hear from Volvo.

Old 08-24-2015, 04:17 PM

So, Volvo just called me back and said it has to do with the control unit not being able to accept a new module. He said he thinks the issue is we need a software upgrade, which should work to get us more channels up to 184. As far as getting All Access, he does not think it will work. I hope you get a new unit and we prove them wrong! He said it is $198 for the software update to be done. I think that's steep, as I was offered a new external unit for free from Sirius! I am not a fan of junk on the dashboard though and an external antenna. I will possibly do the software upgrade next week and I am sure it's a waste of $198.