Volvo S90 & V90 Returning for 2017, This sleek full sized sedan mixes luxury with a sporty look.

My climate control is making a very very strange noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2022, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My climate control is making a very very strange noise

Hey everyone - I’m looking for a little support please with this small issue. I have only just picked up this car, very low mileage and full Volvo service history. However, the climate control makes a very strange noise. You can hear the fan in the background, almost like it is increasing RPM suddenly and dropping (this is when start stop is on by the way)…

However, you can hear the strange noises. Almost like when you have a funny tummy? You may need to turn your volume up.

Has anyone else had this or any idea what it could be?

Hopefully nothing major? 

The video can be watched here: https://youtu.be/4U_vRTb-reU

I really hope it’s not super expensive to put right 😞

Old 05-11-2022, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by iPayton
Hey everyone - I’m looking for a little support please with this small issue. I have only just picked up this car, very low mileage and full Volvo service history. However, the climate control makes a very strange noise. You can hear the fan in the background, almost like it is increasing RPM suddenly and dropping (this is when start stop is on by the way)…

However, you can hear the strange noises. Almost like when you have a funny tummy? You may need to turn your volume up.

Has anyone else had this or any idea what it could be?

Hopefully nothing major? 

The video can be watched here: https://youtu.be/4U_vRTb-reU

I really hope it’s not super expensive to put right 😞
My S90 that I've just bought is now making this noise. Did you get it diagnosed?

Old 06-14-2022, 11:12 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The groaning is normally the gas moving through the pipes however that doesn't sound like that and is more like a sticky fan/vent motor sticking, the cooling fan running is normal as the system works high pressures and temperature and will run after engine shutdown if the car needs to still cool things, same thing happens during and after dpf re-generation, if it starts to really bother you book it in for an inspection, or if the timing is right and it's due a service book that and mention it to the desk when dropping it off, make sure they note it on the job card or it'll be in one ear out the other.

Last edited by Cruiser; 06-14-2022 at 11:15 AM.