Volvo V70 Super capacity, super looks, super performance... this wagon turns heads and can still get the job done.

A few issues with newly purchased car.

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few issues with newly purchased car.

Hello guys, I just recently bought a 2000 Volvo V70 non-turbo automatic with 87,000 KM on it. The tranny is being a little weird in 1st, once the car heats up it'll rock itself forward when i start to accelerate from a stop for a couple seconds and then all is normal. Also, my driveway is on an angle and i find that i have to give it a lot of gas just to get it out of the driveway (around 1800 rpm just to get it moving) first gear just seems really weak, there is no power if i slam the gas from a stop. Sound like any symptoms for anything? Also, when i turn full tilt left or full tilt right there is some horrible creaking comming from the front end, i took the car to a mechanic when i bought it and told him to fix whatever the front end needs and he did nothing for this, said there was nothing visibly wrong with it. It seems to go away in wet weather, i havn't had a chance to get underneath and take a look. Another thing is the fuel system, you know that high pitched sound of the pump or the injectors, well in this car its really loud, and its comming from the front so its not the pump i assume. I have not changed fuel filters yet is this the problem? sounds like its struggling to feed fuel all the time.

That's all i can think of for now, great site guys, I belonged to a forum for my old mazda 626 and found it extreemly helpfull, thank u for having such forums so people who don't know what the hell they are doing can get the help they need.

Thank you,

Suren

P.S: if anybody can give me a site where i can order a cheaper timing belt delievered to Canada please let me know.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: A few issues with newly purchased car.

check engine light or ETS light or shift arrow on for the lurching foward issue?? loud creeking turning wheel lock to lock on front end if every suspension component is tight.. lube ther steering stops on control arm.
timing belt shouldbe under $80 for geniune volvo belt. why put aftermarket belt or look at cheaper timing belt elsewhere? postage will make it cost the same. timing belt is not expansive... the labour is...